Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

I don't really have an opinion on how speedy Phil Billing is tbh :lol:

Just find it mad that you can watch a 5 mins video of someone and then you're alternative suggestion is Phil Billing

How don’t you have an opinion as if you’ve not watched him yet you are comparing him also alongside MS? Not understanding your logic ?

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

How don’t you have an opinion as if you’ve not watched him yet you are comparing him also alongside MS? Not understanding your logic ?

I've seen plenty of Billing, his speed has never been anything noticeable to me.

How can you form an opinion on a pretty well known player based on a 5 minute video then suggest Billing as the alternative we should go for? Not understanding your logic

Edited by joeyt

5 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Don't get me wrong, Billing is decent. But Milinkovic-Savic is genuinely one of the best box-to-box midfielders in Europe.

Not seen or heard that much of him. Not knowingly anyway. Tell me his attributes? And why if he’s so good has he been at Lazio for 7 years? Does he have a flaw holding him back?

Never seen him play but has always been linked with the top clubs. Not sure being athletic appears to be the top priority if we’re being linked with Maddison, Neves and this guy. 

‘Milinkovic-Savic is a box-to-box midfielder and is at his best when he gets forward. He can create and score goals. He registered 11 goals and 11 assists last season in 37 appearances in the Serie A season which is very respectable’.

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not seen or heard that much of him. Not knowingly anyway. Tell me his attributes? And why if he’s so good has he been at Lazio for 7 years? Does he have a flaw holding him back?

Hm, it’s not like Lazio isn’t a big club. Immobile has been there since 2016, does that mean you don’t rate him?

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

He's physical. Never stops running. Is a genuine box to box midfielder who can carry the ball forward after winning it deep. Has a good eye for a pass as well. Putting up good goals and assist numbers this season. Imagine a world class Sean Longstaff and you're not a million miles off. 

As for why he hasn't left Lazio yet. Who knows. He is linked with big sides pretty much every window. Who knows why it hasn't come off yet. Maybe he's a bad egg behind the scenes or something. But as a player he is genuinely world class.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Never seen him play but has always been linked with the top clubs. Not sure being athletic appears to be the top priority if we’re being linked with Maddison, Neves and this guy. 

‘Milinkovic-Savic is a box-to-box midfielder and is at his best when he gets forward. He can create and score goals. He registered 11 goals and 11 assists last season in 37 appearances in the Serie A season which is very respectable’.

22 goal involvements for a CM is more than very respectable ? who wrote that ?

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I've seen plenty of Billing, his speed has never been anything noticeable to me.

How can you form an opinion on a pretty well known player based on a 5 minute video then suggest Billing as the alternative we should go for? Not understanding your logic

My logic is very simple. Without examining that closely on initial inspection of MS he looks very tall and powerful and can win the ball back (like Billing) Has lovely body strength holding off players and good in tight areas (like Billing) Scores an odd goal but nothing prolific  (Like Billing). Just think Billing looks quicker across the pitch ?‍♂️ 

If EH is to be believed he’s looking for EPL ready. He probably already has a good relationship with the player. Guessing he’d be a far cheaper/lower risk  deal which fits with our FFP issues that keep getting highlighted. He’s also looked very good every time we’ve played against him when at Huddersfield and Bournemouth. So better idea if he’d fit the dressing room. 

So there’s my logic explained. Based on 5mins of watching MS. Doesn’t mean it’s  right or set in stone. It’s what’s called first impressions. Not sure what yours (and others) struggle in understanding that ? So binary on here.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

My logic is very simple. Without examining that closely on initial inspection of MS he looks very tall and powerful and can win the ball back (like Billing) Has lovely body strength holding off players and good in tight areas (like Billing) Scores an odd goal but nothing prolific  (Like Billing). Just think Billing looks quicker across the pitch ?‍♂️ 

If EH is to be believed he’s looking for EPL ready. He probably already has a good relationship with the player. Guessing he’d be a far cheaper/lower risk  deal which fits with our FFP issues that keep getting highlighted. He’s also looked very good every time we’ve played against him when at Huddersfield and Bournemouth. So better idea if he’d fit the dressing room. 

So there’s my logic explained. Based on 5mins of watching MS. Doesn’t mean it’s  right or set in stone. It’s what’s called first impressions. Not sure what yours (and others) struggle in understanding that ? So binary on here.

To me it seems a bit strange that by watching 5 mins of YT clips of a well-known player playing for a top club in Italy you decide that he’s probably no better than a player who’s played for Bournemouth and Huddersfield. But each to their own

9 minutes ago, Collage said:

Hm, it’s not like Lazio isn’t a big club. Immobile has been there since 2016, does that mean you don’t rate him?

Last time I watched Immobile was at Dortmund and thought he was canny but a bit one dimensional. Remember him having one good year at Torino which probably earned him the move to BD. I’m not saying I don’t rate MS or think Lazio are a big club. Just when I hear world class and one of the best box to box players around I just question why he’s been at Lazio for his almost prime 7 years. It wasn’t a trick question. I’m just thinking do the top scouts see something missing from his game hence asking you as you’ve seen him play.

1 minute ago, Collage said:

To me it seems a bit strange that by watching 5 mins of YT clips of a well-known player playing for a top club in Italy you decide that he’s probably no better than a player who’s played for Bournemouth and Huddersfield. But each to their own

He’s not that well known. I’ve not heard of him until today ? He looks good. I’m just putting myself in EH potential thinking.

Would you take Billing AND a very good additional forward for the total cost of MS? Or would you rather just sign MS?

20 minutes ago, LFEE said:

He’s not that well known. I’ve not heard of him until today ? He looks good. I’m just putting myself in EH potential thinking.

Would you take Billing AND a very good additional forward for the total cost of MS? Or would you rather just sign MS?

if you haven’t heard from him that’s entirely on you mate. :lol: