Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

25 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Totally, Spurs look pants and we can cement our place in the top four with a signing or two but Bruno’s injury and possible absence makes it much more important now.

Win a cup and they'll be legends forever. We are in with a shot of the Top 4 too. Opportunities like this don't come around very often.

My American heart wants McKennie as I think he would be sensational in Howe's system and we could deffo use him; however, I think he will go to one of the big boys in Germany. Just in general though, another midfielder would not go amiss, especially if Bruno is out for a bit.

2 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

Villa supposedly after Mikel Merino......I would be all over that mind.

Aye, unless he breaks the dickhead rule, he seems obvious.

Would be stunning having him on the left and Bruno on the right of a midfield 2.

If Bruno is going to be out for a few weeks (which seems likely), then we really only have Longstaff for that CM position. Shelvey is unavailable, Schar isn't really a CM for the Premiership and Anderson lacks the experience. If we lose Longstaff now, we're in trouble. We either have to bring forward one of our longer term targets, or (more likely) bring in an experienced player to deal with the situation.

Just now, DoricGinola said:

Surely we dip into the market after today.

I think we have to. Irrespective of Bruno’s injury it’s quite easy for others to pick up injuries around this time too. We’re just too thin on the ground and another key injury on top of Bruno could derail us completely. 

Would love a top level DM to cover Bruno but also play alongside when fit again and allow him to play abit more free maybe as people constantly allude to. 

Think all team in and around us have that in Rodri for City, Casemiro for Manu and Partey for Arsenal.

Would possibly take us to another level in my opinion. 

Who that player is I have no idea though.