Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

54 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Who else is going to pick up yellow cards from the bench? Can’t see anyone else who’s got that in their armoury 

I can see Ritchie stepping up to the plate for that one 

Could see Ward Prowse been a player that Howe would be really keen on but not available until the summer and so we might see us waiting out until then before we make any major additions in that area.

Ticks all the boxes, consistent performer, potential to go to another level in a better side, durable, great work rate, prem experience and obviously excellent attitude. With Southampton a fair shout to go down he should be available at a reasonable fee. Could see him slotting in for Longstaff and us having a really tasty yet combative midfield. 

My shout would be him and Diaby in the summer. Longstaff moves to squad player role who'll get plenty of minutes and never cause any hassle. Almiron will become our version of Bernardo Silva. Will cover either flank and has the work rate to slot into midfield if needs be.

Think those two would really transform the top half of the field for us.

Not a fan of Neves. Too slow in and out of possession. The type of player who needs to be scoring at least 5 worldies a season to justify which he doesn't do. Called us a long ball team after we dominated most of the game against them with an injury ridden side too!

Been ongoing since last February, Zaniolo, think his agent is hard at work. Sky Sport Italia said this in June, and given the first part was so wrong maybe the rest was bollocks as well:

“Zaniolo is leaving Roma, he is the player that will finance Roma’s transfer market. There was a rejected bid from Newcastle he doesn’t want to go to the Premier League. Milan and Juventus have started the first approaches for the Italian winger.”

2 minutes ago, jackflap said:

Could see Ward Prowse been a player that Howe would be really keen on but not available until the summer and so we might see us waiting out until then before we make any major additions in that area.

Ticks all the boxes, consistent performer, potential to go to another level in a better side, durable, great work rate, prem experience and obviously excellent attitude. With Southampton a fair shout to go down he should be available at a reasonable fee. Could see him slotting in for Longstaff and us having a really tasty yet combative midfield. 

My shout would be him and Diaby in the summer. Longstaff moves to squad player role who'll get plenty of minutes and never cause any hassle. Almiron will become our version of Bernardo Silva. Will cover either flank and has the work rate to slot into midfield if needs be.

Think those two would really transform the top half of the field for us.

Not a fan of Neves. Too slow in and out of possession. The type of player who needs to be scoring at least 5 worldies a season to justify which he doesn't do. Called us a long ball team after we dominated most of the game against them with an injury ridden side too!

1.thumb.png.97a116cc2e860be4e39c0813aad56b59.png2.thumb.png.e4b3546187c9804155a53c8c1411e7b2.png

I didn't think Ward-Prowse was in Neves' league before going looking for those stats. If we were sorely lacking a set piece taker, then maybe, but given we have Trippier I'd steer well clear. I don't even think JWP would be bad for us, either, I just think we can do much better.

Getting rid of Lascelles at the moment would make no sense, finding a better player to sit on the bench, while also providing the leadership he has.

As far as the wolves interest goes, adding some proper leadership to their dressing room right now would massive and could be the difference between relegation and survival 

8 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Think we're getting a good deal with Lascelles at the minute tbh. Modest wages, good dressing room presence, not kicking up a fuss at being left out and not too bad a player for a 4th choice who rarely plays. 

That may be so but he started one game recently and we conceded 2 goals to sheff wed. We can’t keep him around because he’s a good presence in the dressing room can we?

Edited by Gawalls

If JL wants to leave and gets offered a good gig like wolves, then we should allow it, even if it weakens us for a few month. Get a young cb in to compete with Schar, I think between the squad we have quite a lot of leadership.

18 minutes ago, wiseman said:

Getting rid of Lascelles at the moment would make no sense, finding a better player to sit on the bench, while also providing the leadership he has.

As far as the wolves interest goes, adding some proper leadership to their dressing room right now would massive and could be the difference between relegation and survival 

Although I sort of get what you're saying, the idea of us continuing to move in the right direction would be to continue to further add quality.

Its never a case of keeping a good guy who doesn't mind sitting on the bench etc, we need competition for places, Schar and Botman able to be rotated and rested occasionally, as good as or someone who'll become our next CB, Skiniar would be mint, I'm just throwing up a name, probably unlikely, but that's the way we need to be thinking now.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Although I sort of get what you're saying, the idea of us continuing to move in the right direction would be to continue to further add quality.

Its never a case of keeping a good guy who doesn't mind sitting on the bench etc, we need competition for places, Schar and Botman able to be rotated and rested occasionally, as good as or someone who'll become our next CB, Skiniar would be mint, I'm just throwing up a name, probably unlikely, but that's the way we need to be thinking now.

👏👍

20 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

That may be so but he started one game recently and we conceded 2 goals to sheff wed. We can’t keep him around because he’s a good presence in the dressing room can we?

It's very reductive to pin that all on Lascelles though. 

Just now, Interpolic said:

It's very reductive to pin that all on Lascelles though. 

No - I pin it mainly on 3, him, manquillo and dubs but we can’t deny he has form of being a liability for a long time now.

We need to keep moving forward and upgrading on quality in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

No - I pin it mainly on 3, him, manquillo and dubs but we can’t deny he has form of being a liability for a long time now.

We need to keep moving forward and upgrading on quality in my opinion.

I think if you bring Lascelles into our team with no other changes versus Sheff Wed we win 4-0 and go through to the 4th round. It was a disjointed performance from a cobbled together team lacking match fitness. 

I'm happy with Lascelles 4th choice for the time being tbh but appreciate your point of view as well :thup: Medium to long term I'd want a better player there too but there are at least 5 or 6 spots in the squad I'd prioritise first. 

5 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

I think if you bring Lascelles into our team with no other changes versus Sheff Wed we win 4-0 and go through to the 4th round. It was a disjointed performance from a cobbled together team lacking match fitness. 

I'm happy with Lascelles 4th choice for the time being tbh but appreciate your point of view as well :thup: Medium to long term I'd want a better player there too but there are at least 5 or 6 spots in the squad I'd prioritise first. 

There definitely is more important positions to fill but if I was Howe and somebody phoned me the conversation would still be…

we want Lasc

yeah - take him

elles