Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I suppose it isn’t a massive issue and we can afford to pay the premium. But I find the constant ‘Prem experience’ thing a bit odd. If that is indeed the case with Howe and his preference for signings.  

Arguably our two most impressive players that have bee signed under Howe. Are Bruno and Botman. When considering their age and what we paid for them. Would also be our most sellable assets and would bring in a huge ROI, I would have thought. 

Not that we are a selling club, of course. But just found it interesting.  

Of course, we have signed older, Prem experienced players with great success, as well. But they’ve mostly been a bit older and more experienced. Hence a more reasonable price. 

The likes of Caicedo, Neves, Maddison or even MacAlister if we wanted to dream big. Would all cost a fair whack and I’d imagine demand a lot more money then most players from abroad. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

I suppose it isn’t a massive issue and we can afford to pay the premium. But I find the constant ‘Prem experience’ thing a bit odd. If that is indeed the case with Howe and his preference for signings.  

Arguably our two most impressive players that have bee signed under Howe. Are Bruno and Botman. When considering their age and what we paid for them. Would also be our most sellable assets and would bring in a huge ROI, I would have thought. 

Not that we are a selling club, of course. But just found it interesting.  

Of course, we have signed older, Prem experienced players with great success, as well. But they’ve mostly been a bit older and more experienced. Hence a more reasonable price. 

The likes of Caicedo, Neves, Maddison or even MacAlister if we wanted to dream big. Would all cost a fair whack and I’d imagine demand a lot more money then most players from abroad. 

I think or i certainly read the prem experience thing as a preference for January signings, can understand him wanting someone ready to come in straight away mid season to make an impact. Not sure it will be such a big factor in the summer.

I hope so. Seem to see it getting mentioned all the while and just assumed that was the case in general. 

Not that they’d know, anyway. They may have been briefed, they may have been told bollocks on purpose. They might have just made it up, TBH. 

Would be happy if the Neves rumours are true, mind. Superb at free kicks, long rangers, long passes and gets more stuck in than he’s given credit for. Pretty combative player and has skills to go with it. 

Always thinks he comes across as a whiney shitehawk type of player. Much in the mould of Bruno Fernandes and Ronaldo. Must be a Portuguese thing.

But I’m sure I’d soon ignore all that bollocks if he played in our colours. 

Tbf I think any players comments made almost immediately having left the field after conceding an injury time equaliser should be filed under ‘emotional’, rather than dissected and analysed. 

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Can’t see Neves happening at all. It’ll be interesting to see where he ends up after Wolves, don’t think he’ll stay in the Premier League.

He'll also have a price tag that'll be beyond what we're willing to pay imo.

I know that things are going well and it's amazing how quickly Howe has improved the players and the team, however I'm pretty sure we are not the third best team in the premier league and so improvements will sooner or later have to be made to the starting 11 and especially the bench. There are also less urgent changes to be made now but they are also coming in the next season or two.

We need a starting LB pretty quickly, BDB can't keep this up forever, Targett's signing in retrospect was possibly a mistake as he doesn't appear to be the kind of fullback that Howe wants, and ASM is not starting as Howe is worried about the defensive capabilities on the left side. Both Trippier and Schar have maybe another season before they will need replacing. We are short of quality midfielders and there is a lack of goals from the current ones, Bruno doesn't get forward enough, Willock doesn't score enough and though Longstaff gets into great positions he misses. Big Joe is playing unbelievably well but whether he carries enough goal threat to play wide left or the skillset to play in midfield long term is questionable. Plus he's just done a very stupid thing.

There are some quick fixes to some issues and the players we are linked with have premier league experience so Maddison would be a great addition if we can find a system that works with him as he scores goals and Trossard if he's not the twat that the press are trying to make out would carry a much greater goal threat from the left including ASM.

If Almiron carry continue at the level he's at and Isak is as good as we think he is, up front we are pretty solid though the drop down to the level of Wood and Murphy is frightening.

Neves could happen to be fair, Wolves are signing 2/3 midfielders this window apparently and also signed Nunes last summer. 18 months left so if he isn’t signing a new deal his fee will only decrease if they leave it till the summer.

26 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

I know that things are going well and it's amazing how quickly Howe has improved the players and the team, however I'm pretty sure we are not the third best team in the premier league and so improvements will sooner or later have to be made to the starting 11 and especially the bench. There are also less urgent changes to be made now but they are also coming in the next season or two.

We need a starting LB pretty quickly, BDB can't keep this up forever, Targett's signing in retrospect was possibly a mistake as he doesn't appear to be the kind of fullback that Howe wants, and ASM is not starting as Howe is worried about the defensive capabilities on the left side. Both Trippier and Schar have maybe another season before they will need replacing. We are short of quality midfielders and there is a lack of goals from the current ones, Bruno doesn't get forward enough, Willock doesn't score enough and though Longstaff gets into great positions he misses. Big Joe is playing unbelievably well but whether he carries enough goal threat to play wide left or the skillset to play in midfield long term is questionable. Plus he's just done a very stupid thing.

There are some quick fixes to some issues and the players we are linked with have premier league experience so Maddison would be a great addition if we can find a system that works with him as he scores goals and Trossard if he's not the twat that the press are trying to make out would carry a much greater goal threat from the left including ASM.

If Almiron carry continue at the level he's at and Isak is as good as we think he is, up front we are pretty solid though the drop down to the level of Wood and Murphy is frightening.

I agree on all counts, I'd love Maddison

But is he a crock? He seems to be injured a lot

1 minute ago, NWMag said:

Neves could happen to be fair, Wolves are signing 2/3 midfielders this window apparently and also signed Nunes last summer. 18 months left so if he isn’t signing a new deal his fee will only decrease if they leave it till the summer.

Neves is a fraud, a few long range goals and acceptable stats for his position. Nothing more.

People have let his long range goals cloud the picture, much like Tielemans, he was poor against us in both games, I'd have Joelinton any day over him.