Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

36 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If JL wants to leave and gets offered a good gig like wolves, then we should allow it, even if it weakens us for a few month. Get a young cb in to compete with Schar, I think between the squad we have quite a lot of leadership.

Yeah leadership isn’t the issue it’s a replacement. I’d imagine they might look at or have a loan option lined up if this went ahead. 

This is why a top notch scouting department is vital. If the opportunity to shift Lascelles and replace him with someone decent on loan comes around, we should do it.

Mind, I'd be shocked if:

1. Wolves actually want him

2. Howe would consider letting him go in this window

3. Whether Lascelles would move when he's got a real chance of getting his hands on silverware in the next few seasons

Yep, need to have someone in the door before he goes mind, just know if we risk it for one game botman goes off injured and we have trippier filling in at cb. 

Honestly I would leave the decision up to Lascelles, imo he should be playing somewhere not fair on his career for him to be sat on bench for so long and can leave with head held high. If he wants to stay and be part of the team perfectly fine by me too. 

Also if he does go and there is that modern thing where every single ex player gets booed in the stadium when he visits someone needs to have words. It's a weird thing now, or is it just me that notices it? Perez got booed, now can understand a bit people not thinking he was any good (he was imo) but we got £30m for him somehow, he wasn't worth that lol (sorry Leicester). Now he then did procede to kick the shit out of our players so earned the boos by the end, but wonder if part of that was trying to make a point from the booing? 

10 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Getting rid of Lascelles and replacing him would a young CB with pace would be sensible business.

Think versatility is key with young signings. Get a young centre half who can also play full back and the player who can play across the front 3 we've not had since Remy. Means we're covered better and they'll get more minutes instead of being sat on the bench stagnating. 

Unless there’s an obvious replacement for Lascelles he’s not going anywhere this January. I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t go in the summer though, perfect time to leave. He’s not going to get any game time and we’ll almost certainly bring in a young right sided CB to challenge Schar. 

59 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah leadership isn’t the issue it’s a replacement. I’d imagine they might look at or have a loan option lined up if this went ahead. 

Why would we brng someone in on loan to replace our 4th choice CB captain and dressing room leader??

As in... sell someone who isn't likely to play but is a leader in the squad... for someone else who isn't likely to play, who isn't a leader in the squad or even a commited playerr.

Of all the idiotic things.

Edited by The College Dropout

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Why would we brng someone in on loan to replace our 4th choice CB captain and dressing room leader??

As in... sell someone who isn't likely to play but is a leader in the squad... for someone else who isn't likely to play, who isn't a leader in the squad or even a commited playerr.

Of all the idiotic things.

If you actually read what else I’ve said I said I didn’t think Lascelles will go unless there’s an appropriate replacement. I don’t think leadership comes into it, we’ve got plenty of those. If they want Neves and selling Lascelles enables that that’s all I mean. I think he’ll go in the summer. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

15 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

If you actually read what else I’ve said I said I didn’t think Lascelles will go unless there’s an appropriate replacement. I don’t think leadership comes into it, we’ve got plenty of those. If they want Neves and selling Lascelles enables that that’s all I mean. I think he’ll go in the summer. 

It's not Lascelles that needs to be replaced, it's Schar. Replace Schar in the first-team. Move him down the pecking order. Lascelles becomes surplus to requirements.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It's not Lascelles that needs to be replaced, it's Schar. Replace Schar in the first-team. Move him down the pecking order. Lascelles becomes surplus to requirements.

I agree with that, I think someone will come in in the summer too which I’ve stated somewhere else possibly this thread. Schar and Burn will become the 3rd and 4th choice CBs I reckon. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Got to love our fans.

Best defensive record in our history.

”Replace Schar”

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeah that’s bright, break up the best defence in the league 

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Isn't it all the same thing really, get an upgrade on Lascalles and hopefully we have 3 first choice standard Centre Halves (assuming Burn stays left) to battle it out, rotate, cover for injury/suspension etc.

Edited by madras

5 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I don’t think it’s necessarily “break up”. Schar has been quality but is 31. I don’t think it’s unreasonable that next season we’ll look to bring in a young right sided CB who is as good as or better than him to challenge for that position. That gives us depth which we’ll need particularly if we’re in Europe. We aren’t going to be able to play the same 11 week in week out next week and we’ll always plan for the future. 

39 minutes ago, James said:

Got to love our fans.

Best defensive record in our history.

”Replace Schar”

It’s not a priority at all. But the next first team CB we buy will be to take Schar’s slot (performance permitting), not an 18-year-old understudy.  The way we’ve signed Isak for Wilson.

Burn, Schar, Longstaff, Willock, Joelinton, Almiron, we’ll sign players over the next 18 months with the aim to take their starting spots. Some will work, some won’t, the existing players may get even better but we’ll aim to improve the XI. 

Arsenal have 2 wonderkids tearing it up on the wings.  They’ve bought another one.  Thats how it is at the top of the game. 

Edited by The College Dropout