Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Downie saying Maxi could leave this month. 

been a slow month lads?

Doesn’t add up at all. We’re light in midfield. We need to add to it instead of selling one of our best players in hope that someone could replace him with the same impact.  

I don’t think anything will happen until the last few days and that will be incomings. There will only be anyone leaving until we’ve brought in a replacement first if think. 

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

BREAKING NEWS - “If they get some money they might spend it I think, maybe, but don’t count on it but it’s possible”

UPDATE: They can sign someone if they find a player who they want and need and who fits, but they wont sign a player they don't want and don't need

He'll have been asked about it specifically i reckon. If you ever see him as a guest on any of the many podcasts he goes on, that's how it tends to work. He gets asked if he's heard anything or what his feeling is on transfers about specific players.

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

If there is genuine interest from Forest I’d be going all out to find a young and upcoming striker like Joao Pedro who isn’t going to command a huge fee and still needs to develop a fair bit. Could potentially be our best chance to offload our friendly kiwi 

Jao Pedro will command a huge fee. We couldn't get him through the door for £30m, and he's gone from strength to strength this season in the championship.

Just now, TRon said:

Jao Pedro will command a huge fee. We couldn't get him through the door for £30m, and he's gone from strength to strength this season in the championship.

Sounds like we were very close to landing him for circa £25m before Watford pulled the plug and we turned our attentions to Isak. Since then he’s looked very good but has picked up several injuries and is currently laid off for at least another month. If he hadn’t signed the contract extension and been injured I’d want us to go for him but his price and injury record means we should look at someone who’s earlier in their development than him 

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We really aren't used to squad depth are we?

The idea of your (at worst) 13th man being "expendable" is bottom-half thinking.

All the worst when that player - at best - would be a top 4 best player in the team.

Or, he could be replaced with someone better and/or more suited to our game? 

2 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

But ASM doesnt need replacing within our current sqaud. Fraser does, Murphy does, Wood does because those players are 3rd/4th choice in their respective positions. We need to replace those players with higher quality who can challenge the likes of ASM for a starring XI spot.

4 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Aye - he might become expendable if that happens - but it hasn't happened.

Even then, that player replaces one of Willock, Longstaff or Joelinton. ASM would still be one of the first 2 attacking moves off the bench or dropped in because of injury. That's not an expendable player imo.

We may well move him on in the summer for someone better suited. But as of now, he's crucial to us. He's likely to start on the weekend.

6 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

But ASM doesnt need replacing within our current sqaud. Fraser does, Murphy does, Wood does because those players are 3rd/4th choice in their respective positions. We need to replace those players with higher quality who can challenge the likes of ASM for a starring XI spot.

Agreed, he doesn't, but he's the only player 'on the fringes' who's got any resale value so having the opportunity of improving on our bette players can in some way become more important to the team than improving on the likes of Fraser - at this stage anyway. 

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye - he might become expendable if that happens - but it hasn't happened.

Even then, that player replaces one of Willock, Longstaff or Joelinton. ASM would still be one of the first 2 attacking moves off the bench or dropped in because of injury. That's not an expendable player imo.

We may well move him on in the summer for someone better suited. But as of now, he's crucial to us. He's likely to start on the weekend.

Don't disagree with any of that tbf, just saying that given the opportunity to sell him and replace him with someone more suited to the team then I think the club would do that on the basis that outside of him, there's no other player outside the first team that would command any sort of fee that would make replacing them particularly easy.