Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Regardless of all the media / social media talk we have to sign players either in this window or next to be ready for European football.

Chelsea , Liverpool , Both Manchester clubs , Arsenal , Spurs will always look to spend and improve.

All with varying success it has to be said. 

If we want to stay up and challenge for Durose every year we will have to do the same

Law of averages suggests teams with higher quality players / larger wages tend to be near the top (averaged out)

This will take time but if we want to be serious about challenging it’s inevitable we have to start (upping) the calibre of players 

Not saying they all have to be elite (as we all know Eddie can get the best out of players) and it’s not all about individuals.

What I am basically saying is ……Exciting times ahead if what the owners say they want to do (becomes a reality) 

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

“Newcastle are again keen and it is suggested they are prepared to go up to £40m for Gordon”

by the tea leaves I read in my cup this morning. Get to fuck, they are embarrassing. Clickety click!

I'm rubbish at finding out what's going on now that I use a tea infuser.

It's weird coz all my instincts are making me panic as this window comes closer to closing but I have to remind myself that not only have these owners never left Eddie Howe short of what he wants but also that we have Dan Ashworth at the helm.

We have to assume that we are confident of making something happen late on. Isak happened on the back of us not willing to leave ourselves without. Surely we will do the same this window.

It's not so much a striker, it's a midfielder that is crucial. I can see us coping up front with Isak, Wilson, Joelinton and Maxi as options.

Edited by STM

I'd be fine with the likes of Gallagher and Gordon as summer signings, players who Eddie thinks he can develop and grow but I can't see anything that they would give us between now and May, especially since they are both are at failing clubs currently.

I can only see us going abroad. That's where the value is.

Just now, STM said:

I'd be fine with the likes of Gallagher and Gordon as summer signings, players who Eddie thinks he can develop and grow but I can't see anything that they would give us between now and May, especially since they are both are at failing clubs currently.

I can only see us going abroad. That's where the value is.

I’d be shocked if we went abroad this month tbh, prem ready players to come in now is what Howe wants supposedly.

Still find it incredibly weird Gordon didn't play a single minute at West Ham. I mean Everton barely threatened at all in the entire game, why wouldn't they use one of their better attacking players unless fat Frank was told not to use him in a game he desperately needed to get something from. I mean he brought on Tom Davies at half time instead :lol:

9 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

F8B087A1-18E9-43D3-AAB6-EBBD2EFFFA8E.thumb.jpeg.3368428042d7c1a0eb2324b919e063e0.jpeg

Yet! :indi:

His quote at the weekend after Palace about having nothing new to report on, to his knowledge, because he had been preparing for the game also means he is expecting something could be imminent. Good news. Straws in vice grip mode.

9 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Isn't £40m the supposed price we were willing to go to in the Summer? Think that story is just that bit of info re-hashed. 

30-35 rising to 40m is what I would expect. Don't think he is worth that but it is indicative of the Chelsea dictated market. There is definitely zero reason we should be willing to offer more than last time we enquired. His stock has fallen if anything. I expect we will send feelers out to say the offer still stands, just a few million less. Take it or leave it. 

27 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Isn't £40m the supposed price we were willing to go to in the Summer? Think that story is just that bit of info re-hashed. 

If that’s were we value him, that’s what we will pay. Not a bad message to get out there to the would be pickpockets.

I'm Gordoned out now, if Everton don't play him, then obviously worried he gets injured and can't sell on, then that leaves them with the issue of getting another replacement to pull them out of the shit, before the clock strikes twelve. As for us I don't think he's coming and plenty of time still for us to sort, besides which it'll give Jim Wight some more bullshit to pump out about the so called Saudi State.

49 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d be shocked if we went abroad this month tbh, prem ready players to come in now is what Howe wants supposedly.

In his Palace press conference he specified that he wants "players ready to play but not specifically PL players". An actual quote too.

It was interesting because I felt he may have been giving something away.