Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Guest reefatoon

It was normally this time of the window we used to cling to the hope we would bring some non contracted players in [emoji38] Man the transfer windows used to be a depressing affair

If we get champions league then we’ll have more pull with quality out of contract players. We need to pad out the squad as a number of current players contracts are expiring. Would take Tielemans, Thurman, N’dika, Kamada, and Grimaldi from this list. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

edit: Would take Laimer as well.

Edited by SAK

Let’s hope the gamble not to replace Wood or Shelvey hasn’t backfired before the window even shut.

Gordon/ ASM will now start, if Isak is prevented from playing at the weekend then we need to be 2 up by the time Wilson loses his legs around 70 mins.

I understand why we didn’t replace but we haven’t half tempted fate.

6 hours ago, SAK said:

If we get champions league then we’ll have more pull with quality out of contract players. We need to pad out the squad as a number of current players contracts are expiring. Would take Tielemans, Thurman, N’dika, Kamada, and Grimaldi from this list. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

edit: Would take Laimer as well.

Laimer is Bayern bound 

13 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Let’s hope the gamble not to replace Wood or Shelvey hasn’t backfired before the window even shut.

Gordon/ ASM will now start, if Isak is prevented from playing at the weekend then we need to be 2 up by the time Wilson loses his legs around 70 mins.

I understand why we didn’t replace but we haven’t half tempted fate.

Even if we do drop off it won’t have “backfired” - we are way ahead of schedule in the overall project and I reckon the long goal is way more important than panick buying short term on inflated prices to replace two players that the majority of fans didn’t want to see anywhere near the first team anyway.

Bed wetters! We’ve gotten this far this season on what little we have, we’ll be fine. A cup final and top 6, each and every one of you would have snapped my hand off if I’d offered that as a possibility. And we’re still in with a great chance of top 4 if we can keep things ticking over.

The big money will roll in this summer. Have faith.

I do think the wheels are coming off ever so slightly with this thin squad and it's going to get more and more noticeable. 

Despite the injuries to forward players I think we have still been lucky with injuries so far this season, especially the midfield and defence when you compare to some other teams. 

Last night was also our first red card of the season. These things happen over the course of a long season and that's why you need depth to compete at the top.

Fingers crossed we can adapt and find ways to win without Bruno etc but for the first time I can see signs of us having a wobble. 

Still, were in a final ☺️