Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Madrid can't afford him.  Man United might be able to if they are taken over.  Can't see him going to PSG.

I would have agreed on PSG, but remember, they're likely going to lose Mbappe to Madrid this Summer. And if they don't, Madrid have their Mbappe fund to use on players. They have spent the last 2/3 seasons financially preparing to make a move for Mbappe. And they didn't splurge it away when he didn't come last Summer.

14 hours ago, BrianSwan said:

Kvrat would cost £130 M. Osimhen would cost £100 M.

Yep.  And that’s why those rumours are a load of bollocks.  We’re not swimming in those waters yet.

At some point you’d think that the tiresome internet ITKs will work out that the FFP constraints are real and the club are working within them, and there’s not going to be £100m+ transfers at NUFC for a while yet.  Given how weak the squad is, it would be borderline reckless and irresponsible to spunk the budget on a single player.  It isn’t going to happen, set these Twitter blowhards to ignore would be my advice. 

4 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

We’ll probably need potentially 4 new starters plus some other quality squad additions. So we’ll have to spread the £££ on signings insofar as several 35-50m range players. We might go up To 60m max for an attacker I guess. 

For what?

Unless there's great deals to be had on the market (Trippier, Pope for example), it looks like they'll try and stick to budgets and valuations.

I expect a CM and attacker in the summer. The rest is heavily dependent on availability of top targets and good deals.

I think Southampton and Leeds have good young players to nab should they go down.

3 hours ago, Cronky said:

https://www.90min.com/posts/premier-league-clubs-interested-in-ecuador-starlet-kendry-paez

Linked with a 15 year old Ecuadorian. Amongst one or two other clubs, it seems.

Looks utterly amazing though.

It's fine being linked with these young bairns , but my issue is that where does this leave the young potentials in our academy ,maybe without hope of achieving their ambition of playing for the club?

Just now, wyn davies said:

It's fine being linked with these young bairns , but my issue is that where does this leave the young potentials in our academy ,maybe without hope of achieving their ambition of playing for the club?

Yi must be having a laugh 

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Wonder how much Gnonto would go for if Leeds get relegated. Not expecting them to now that Bamford is back for them. Gnonto wouldn’t be a priority position for us by any means but he’s such a great player 

We'll need a squad though especially if we're in Europe. Could probably grab them for £15m-£35m at 19-22, they could be back-up.

I think our big signing this summer will be a top quality 6. At the moment we are totally fucked without Bruno, the balance of the midfield is way off without him. 

Even if we brought in a quality 8 to replace Longstaff that would still leave us in the same position. Buying a 6 allows Bruno to play as an 8 again which he prefers and is better at whilst allowing him to cover for the 6 when needed. 

When you look at most of the other top sides that's the position which is key. Take Partey, Casemiro, Rodri out of those sides and they look much worse. Liverpool's form without Fabinho used to fall of a cliff too. 

4 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

I think we are looking to do it the Brighton way but with a bigger budget.

We can then look at slightly more expensive “bargains’ as well as looking at a few established players if required.

We can also hold onto these players if they become superstars 

I agree. This and the Liverpool method.

2 hours ago, wyn davies said:

It's a problem. Increasingly the Premiership clubs are hoarding the best talent, and with the top clubs, not many come through and establish themselves in the first team without going on loan first, or taking a step down and then returning. But that's the nature of the competition now.

I'm a bit worried about Anderson, because as fast as he's improving, the quality that's being demanded is rising at the same pace, and there's a danger he's going to be stuck in his current role as a useful sub. Longstaff was able to have a long apprenticeship in the first team, because the first team wasn't as good.