Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Having more games next season will ease the load on him as we’ll be rotating a lot more.

Rotating you say! [emoji38] Quality squad depth & another exciting summer to look forward to. The futures bright. The futures black and white :indi:

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we're getting another wide man I don't see ASM staying. 

New winger, Gordon, Almiron, Murphy, Anderson, plus Isak, Joelinton & Willock who can play there. I don't see a gap for him. 

No idea how you look at that list and the conclusion is we are selling ASM.

Edited by Pata

I think ASM is making a huge case for why he should stay. I know he’s riddled with multiple injuries a season, normally for only a few games at a time but he’s shown Howe that he can play more for the team, make better decisions and change his game. He’s never going to be a system player but there’s no one else who can offer what he will. I think he’ll he staying if he can play more games before the end of the season and build on how he’s been playing in the last few games 

42 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We've just signed Gordon, Almiron has just signed a new deal and Howe loves Murphy.

Almiron deserved a new deal but he turns 30 next season. Howe might love Murphy but he's not stupid, Murphy's ceiling at 28 is nowhere near UCL-level.

Edited by Pata

12 minutes ago, Pata said:

Almiron deserved a new deal but he turns 30 next season. Howe might love Murphy but he's not stupid, Murphy's ceiling at 28 is nowhere near UCL-level.

Do you think we'll sell either of those two? Or Gordon?

I know we need depth but I don't see us having a new winger plus Murphy, Almiron, Gordon and Maxi as well.

17 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Do you think we'll sell either of those two? Or Gordon?

I know we need depth but I don't see us having a new winger plus Murphy, Almiron, Gordon and Maxi as well.

Gordon is not going anywhere. I don’t think 5 wingers is too many and Murphy is fine as a fifth choice but would prefer someone who is a lot younger. 

Edited by Pata

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we're getting another wide man I don't see ASM staying. 

New winger, Gordon, Almiron, Murphy, Anderson, plus Isak, Joelinton & Willock who can play there. I don't see a gap for him. 

To me Maxi is the one who offers a bit more creativity and something different 

1 hour ago, Pata said:

Gordon is not going anywhere. I don’t think 5 wingers is too many and Murphy is fine as a fifth choice but would prefer someone who is a lot younger. 

Murphy is one of 5 players who've played in every PL game for us this season. Pope, Trippier, Burn and Longstaff being the others.

10 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

Murphy is one of 5 players who've played in every PL game for us this season. Pope, Trippier, Burn and Longstaff being the others.

That's a pretty incredible stat like. Future quiz question should that still be the case come the end of the season

31 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

He's started 10, come on as sub 19 times.

Started the season as third choice winger and is now fourth choice I guess? And has played in every game, fair play to him man. That and having five players that has played a part in every league game at this late stage of the season is quite incredible. 

I'd guess a winger will be high on our list of priorities this summer.

If expect ASM and Gordon to be fighting for that spot in our strongest eleven. Nice pair of options IMO.

Joelinton or Willock can play there too.

Murphy seems an ideal fifth man to me. Can go out and do a reasonable job starting if needed and is clearly valued as a sub to go on and help see out a game.

I'd expect the addition to be a left footed player who plays on the right. Diaby probably the ideal signing but there'll be other options out there if he's out if reach. New man and Almiron first two choices for the spot. Gordon could come over and play that side in a pinch but I think in an ideal world we'll have inverted wingers.

Wonder if there's even the slightest chance we might try for Cancelo in the summer? Sounds like he's not wanted by either City or Bayern (for reasons I'll never understand). Doubt City would let him go to Arsenal, after having already sold them Zinchenko last year, and Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool already have Lbs.

Again, can't see it happening, but just some thoughts. 

9 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Wonder if there's even the slightest chance we might try for Cancelo in the summer? Sounds like he's not wanted by either City or Bayern (for reasons I'll never understand). Doubt City would let him go to Arsenal, after having already sold them Zinchenko last year, and Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool already have Lbs.

Again, can't see it happening, but just some thoughts. 

Like with most players of clubs like that it’s hard to see us matching the wages he’d more than likely want

I think the only way ASM goes is if we sign someone like Zaha on a free. We need someone who can run at a defence when we can’t get behind them. I really hope he stays as he offers such threat and I’d hate to play against him.  But he is constantly carrying an injury.  Say 40-50 million in and replaced with Zaha keeps that sort of attacking threat and allows further investment else were.  Even typing this I’m in two minds whether it would be a good idea.  I do love ASM when he’s flying. 

8 hours ago, NE28 said:

Like with most players of clubs like that it’s hard to see us matching the wages he’d more than likely want

Exactly this. We need to realise we can’t/won’t be signing players already on in excess of £200k p/w. 

Obviously we will increase our wage structure over time, but it’ll be gradual and we won’t be putting anyone on double what anyone else is on