Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

No way are we selling Wilson. We do need another striker though because it's all well and good having both Isak and Wilson on at the same time but there's no option to change it at the moment.

I think the issue we have is that we don’t have many expendable players that have a low book price that would be worth much money, which is why Wilson, ASM and Almiron get mentioned.

If we could get £25 million for Wilson which potentially we could, it would leave us with £20 million profit we can book. That offsets a £100 million spend this summer over 5 year contracts, although we will need to find the next instalment next year and those that follow. 

The flip side of not having many players with book value that are expendable is that we have a huge amount of potential to grow the club’s finances commercially, so to plug that gap until we get there is that manoeuvring.

It reminds me of Howe’s comments around the cup final that some of those players won’t be here next season or words similar to that, it is all about getting the club from A to B.

Edited by Matt1892

Fucking hell, it's easy to see how rumours start. If I didn't know how this conversation started I'd think he'd been linked away.

Edited by 80

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Tierney on the bench with Xhaka at lb, wonder if the deal is done already and they don’t wanna risk an injury 

They’re still playing for the league title. Of course he would play if Arteta wanted him to play.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Tierney on the bench with Xhaka at lb, wonder if the deal is done already and they don’t wanna risk an injury 

Someone on here said today that the deal was already done. It does seem like it might be tbh.

4 hours ago, splinter said:

Would  let wilson go st 31 and injury record

Complete turnaround but happy for him to stay. By this time next Sunday he could have 20 goals this season, phenomenal given his post WC slump.

6 hours ago, McCormick said:

Yeah, not cheap :lol: . Similar player to  Maddison who we can get for 20m cheaper (albeit he’s a lot younger).

I think this kid will be a level above Maddison in a year or two, mind you I’d have Maddison in a heartbeat too.

5 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

With Top 4 and CL all but confirmed, it's time to break the cheque book out.

Time for 5-6 quality signings and 2-3 outgoings.

I mean, I'm all for the enthusiasm but we have spent 250m in 18 months.

I can see us doing something similar.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Someone on here said today that the deal was already done. It does seem like it might be tbh.

Read yesterday that we are his first priority because he also wants to be closer to home in Scotland, so it may well be.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Read yesterday that we are his first priority because he also wants to be closer to home in Scotland, so it may well be.

Good signing. Takes Burn from LB and technically gives us a 2nd choice LB and 4th choice CB. Still seeing us bringing in #2/3 choice CB to compete with Schar.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lascelles and Targett are moved on... 

Edited by BlazeT44

7 hours ago, STM said:

It's a fair question. What would you do if a 30m bid came in for Wilson, 25m for Miggy, 25m for Schar.

I know we don't need to sell players, nor do I want to.... I would like to see the debate opened up.

I’d sell Miggy.

Despite many of our players having an amazing season, there is still plenty of deadweight we need to shift. 

Richie, Longstaff, Dummett, Karius & Gillespie leaving will help get our wages down and make some room. 

However that still leaves us with Kraft, Lewis, Manquillo & Fraser, who I cant see getting much if any game time next year who must all be on decent amounts. I can see one of Manquillo/Kraft staying, but no need to have both still in the squad. The big issues is besides those two I can't imagine anyone wanting to take the other two off our hands. 

11 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

I’d sell Miggy.

Idk about this one. 25m for Miggy would just mean we need to replace him in the squad. He loves this club, hes found a new gear this season. Hes great in the locker room. Endless work rate. I think I'd like to keep him for congested schedule, cup matches, 20-30min cameo off the bench to provide energy and see out matches. He carried us for a month. I think of all the players in the original post, I wouldnt sell any of them. Keep Callum as a bench ST. Keep Schar as depth at CB. I  dont think those 3 are the type of player we need to sell with their character, work rate, price, etc. I prefer we cut all the dead wood mentioned in the post just above me. In football manager terms "sell for any price". We could easily have 60-70 matches to play next season. If it came down to it I would rather let ASM go than Miggy. 

10 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Despite many of our players having an amazing season, there is still plenty of deadweight we need to shift. 

Richie, Longstaff, Dummett, Karius & Gillespie leaving will help get our wages down and make some room. 

However that still leaves us with Kraft, Lewis, Manquillo & Fraser, who I cant see getting much if any game time next year who must all be on decent amounts. I can see one of Manquillo/Kraft staying, but no need to have both still in the squad. The big issues is besides those two I can't imagine anyone wanting to take the other two off our hands. 

Longstaff is arguably one of the players of the season. Unless you're referring to Matty. Would keep Karius too.