Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I was thinking Inter or Villa. If I recall correctly, he's said he wants to a club that'll will play him down the middle. 

Inter or Chelsea? Man Utd? 

or us? We’re going to need some free signings.

Kim Min-jae would be amazing for us. How on earth is his release clause so low? I can also see it being really good for the brand as we would attract tons of fans from South Korea who would take on NUFC...they are probably already Spurs fans and need some relief in cheering for a club in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!

42 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I am unsurprisingly in favor of buying all the Koreans, but given the prestige Man United still enjoy in Korea (support is still on a different level to any other PL club) I'd be surprised if he went anywhere else.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I just can't see us signing another established striker with Isak and Wilson at the club. It'll either be a younger player for the future or a player who plays up front as their secondary function. 

That’s what I say about our alleged CB targets. At least Thuram can play across the front, I think?

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I just can't see us signing another established striker with Isak and Wilson at the club. It'll either be a younger player for the future or a player who plays up front as their secondary function. 

Thats fair but I could also see us going for an established striker so that Isak can play on the left (which i dont prefer) and Wilson can be 1a/1b with the new striker. We could also see a shift in formation for certain matches where we play 4-2-3-1 with Isak as a shadow striker/cam. We definitely need depth at that CF position. I'd prefer an established one as opposed to expecting big things from a youngster in an emergency situation with injuries in big matches 

6 minutes ago, Sufi said:

Kim Min-jae would be amazing for us. How on earth is his release clause so low? I can also see it being really good for the brand as we would attract tons of fans from South Korea who would take on NUFC...they are probably already Spurs fans and need some relief in cheering for a club in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!

And I've mentioned this previously, but I think we're well past the time where signing one Korean will allow you to print money with shirt sales in Korea. The PL fandom is smaller and very entrenched now. Everyone picked up Man United (or to a lesser extent, Spurs or Liverpool) back in the heyday of the league's popularity and if they've stuck around this long, they aren't going to move off those teams just because Newcastle signed a Korean player. I mean, we've signed a Korean before. And a fairly high-profile one too. 

We'd get some increased exposure and that's not nothing, but certainly no longer big enough to be worth factoring into transfer decisions.

Edited by oldtype

On a side note it's such a shame Napoli lost that Champions League quarter final.

Manager leaving, star probably CB leaving, star striker probably leaving, star winger possibly leaving.

Does feel like this might just have been the one year it all came together for them and it's a shame they just faltered in the CL.

Just now, Shak said:

On a side note it's such a shame Napoli lost that Champions League quarter final.

Manager leaving, star probably CB leaving, star striker probably leaving, star winger possibly leaving.

Does feel like this might just have been the one year it all came together for them and it's a shame they just faltered in the CL.

It is a shame. I was cheering for them. However they are in a VERY strong position and have been known to be impossible to negotiate with. I think they will make a killing in the transfer window and it will all come down to how they use that 200-300+m they get if they do end up caving and selling off this excellent core of players.

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

I obviously hope we sign those three players mind you.

Haha can you imagine? It would be hilarious. I'd be happy with the cheapest one. The CB. I think the other two will go for astronomically high fees and I really hope we dont put out 100m or more on a single player.

9 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Been wondering about Lodi second half of the season. We'll have already done our scouting, interesting to see if we think he's done enough in England as well to suggest he's capable. Wouldn't be against it. 

Didn’t help him looking poor against us mind. Murphy caused him problems.

Just a random hypothetical, but I wonder what we'd do if say, Real Madrid came in and offered 100m for Bruno this summer.

Obviously we have more financial freedom than a place like Napoli so I imagine we'd resist initially, but ultimately hard to say no if the price is high and the player wants to go. That's part of the risk of being an up-and-coming team right? Established teams coming in over the top and breaking up your core. 

Just now, oldtype said:

Just a random hypothetical, but I wonder what we'd do if say, Real Madrid came in and offered 100m for Bruno this summer.

Obviously we have more financial freedom than a place like Napoli so I imagine we'd resist initially, but ultimately hard to say no if the price is high and the player wants to go. That's part of the risk of being an up-and-coming team right? Established teams coming in over the top and breaking up your core. 

We'd say no obviously, we don't need the money.

I'm sure Bruno would be very keen on Madrid in general, but he's only had one full season here and loves it here so I'm pretty sure he'd be able to resist for the short-term especially as we're in the CL.

1 minute ago, oldtype said:

They won’t. They already have younger better midfielders signed and will if anyone only add Bellingham in next 12 months.

Just now, LFEE said:

They won’t. They already have younger better midfielders signed and will if anyone only add Bellingham in next 12 months.

Madrid and 100m are just random examples, could replace them with City/PSG/Bayern and whatever number.

Point I was trying to make is that we probably aren't completely immune to what Napoli is likely to go through this summer. There are going to be clubs that are dream clubs for our players and numbers at which we have to consider selling due to FFP considerations if nothing else. It's a challenge any up-and-coming club is bound to face at some point. I trust the people in charge to handle it though.

5 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Madrid and 100m are just random examples, could replace them with City/PSG/Bayern and whatever number.

Point I was trying to make is that we probably aren't completely immune to what Napoli is likely to go through this summer. There are going to be clubs that are dream clubs for our players and numbers at which we have to consider selling due to FFP considerations if nothing else. It's a challenge any up-and-coming club is bound to face at some point. I trust the people in charge to handle it though.

Chill. Bruno is very good but not great. He’ll be here for the journey a while yet.

29 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Chill. Bruno is very good but not great. He’ll be here for the journey a while yet.

I would show him videos of Cabaye who I equate him to.

Was a cut above anything we had, loved by the fans and media and then left to follow his dream at PSG.

However one season later he was replaced, loaned to Crystal Palace and a Saudi team after that.

Sometimes you follow your heart and not your head but if he goes there he is going to have to replace the legends of Modric, Kroos etc in midfield.

And we know their fans are not patient or forgiven 

Edited by RobsonsWonderland