Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

16 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Almirón has had a great season when looking at his numbers but when you look at his whole tenure here, including his form in 2023 so far, there's nothing there to suggest that the run he had in October-November wasn't a purple patch.

He's very useful in games where we don't see a lot of the ball but press the opposition, as seen v Brighton the other day, but as an attacker where we have a lot of the of the ball and the onus is on us to unlock a deep sitting defence I don't think he's good enough for a CL team. His all round play in possession is poor imo. Good squad option to have with 4 competitions next season, likewise with Murphy, but if I was to give you an ideal starting XI for next season after the transfer window has closed Almirón is not in it.

If think the same can be said for most of our midfield. 

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

We get an exciting rumour like Kim Min-Jae and there's no new thread yet we still have a McTominay thread...

I get yelled at every time I make a thread so I wait for a proper source (Luke Edwards) to confirm interest

Pedrinho 17 years old another exciting young Brazilian talent who can play out wide. 

We’ve been tentatively linked alongside Brighton and Arsenal, convinced we’re signing a young player from Brazil this summer.

Edited by Whitley mag

43 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Pedrinho 17 years old another exciting young Brazilian talent who can play out wide. 

We’ve been tentatively linked alongside Brighton and Arsenal, convinced we’re signing a young player from Brazil this summer.

phil-phillip.gif

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

We get an exciting rumour like Kim Min-Jae and there's no new thread yet we still have a McTominay thread...

What a player! Napoli is my second team and I did follow them all season long. Not the quckest but one who can read the game very well. ? Can‘t wait for the thread 

4 minutes ago, Swissmag said:

What a player! Napoli is my second team and I did follow them all season long. Not the quckest but one who can read the game very well. ? Can‘t wait for the thread 

That'd be a concern. I know Botman isn't a slouch but I think we need some pace there. 

I know it was 20 years ago but...

We brought in Lee Bowyer (free transfer) the last year Robson qualified for the champions league and lost the play off game ?.

Still not sure why... Was it money, loyalty to the players who finished third or a case we could not sell any of our squad players??

But it always reminded me of Liverpool in their prime when no matter what they had won they added two, three first team players to freshen things up and keep others on their toes.

So I just hope when the season starts we have made forward steps as a team, be it youth, squad, first team or purples being replaced.

The one positive I can see is that this is not a blip and good things will come!

9 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

We brought in Lee Bowyer (free transfer) the last year Robson qualified for the champions league and lost the play off game ?.

Still not sure why... Was it money, loyalty to the players who finished third or a case we could not sell any of our squad players??

But it always reminded me of Liverpool in their prime when no matter what they had won they added two, three first team players to freshen things up and keep others on their toes.

So I just hope when the season starts we have made forward steps as a team, be it youth, squad, first team or purples being replaced.

The one positive I can see is that this is not a blip and good things will come!

Didn't Shepherd try to pass off Woodgate (bought in the winter window) as a signing for the Champs league ?

17 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

We ran out of money.

5 hours ago, gbandit said:

Lascelles actually played really well when called upon this season 

5 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He’s better than people think. Especially in a proper unit. 

5 hours ago, Joseph said:

Lascelles is crap and relying on him for any meaningful stretch of games would be a disaster. Thanks. 

:lol: 

For memory - you couldn’t count the CL money until you actually qualified. So buying players before you had qualified was a risk. But tbh buying a new purple to try to ensure you won that play-off was a better strategy than hoping you qualify with what you have and then trying to sign someone in January. 

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

For memory - you couldn’t count the CL money until you actually qualified. So buying players before you had qualified was a risk. But tbh buying a new purple to try to ensure you won that play-off was a better strategy than hoping you qualify with what you have and then trying to sign someone in January. 

But we just qualified with what we had, and clubs like Chelsea went the other way by doing exactly what you said we should have done. I think this just proves there are very rarely shortcut solutions these days.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

But we just qualified with what we had, and clubs like Chelsea went the other way by doing exactly what you said we should have done. I think this just proves there are very rarely shortcut solutions these days.

Did Chelsea lose a CL qualifying round?

6 hours ago, TRon said:

I think it was the season before we signed Bowyer that Chelsea only signed De Lucas on a free transfer and went on to finish in the CL places.

It was the season before Roman Abramovich came in so they spent big when we signed Bowyer.

2 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

The Times claiming Barca will come in for Bruno. £87m/€100m

Be a big headache if true, Barca, Real and City are the only clubs I’d be concerned about an approach from 

Don't know where they get those figures from tbh. I'd be more concerned if it said £187m. Isn't Barca struggling with wages/finances anyway?

5 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Be a big headache if true, Barca, Real and City are the only clubs I’d be concerned about an approach from 

It’s Duncan Castles so don’t worry

7 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Might get his shoelaces for that.