Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Newcastle United are set to turn their attention to Nice's France midfielder Khephren Thuram, 22, after being frustrated in their pursuit of Inter Milan's Italy midfielder Nicolo Barella, 26. (Football Insider)

Newcastle look ready to make a surprise bid for West Bromwich Albion's English goalkeeper Josh Griffiths, 21. (Sun)

Works in the same place as George Caulkin, who literally told us that Maddison wasnt a priority.

No wonder the fans give journos such shit, when they can't get their stories straight.

8 hours ago, elbee909 said:

That the Thuram that's practically signed for Liverpool according to the same press? Bah, I hate silly season

We’re also very close to agreeing a fee for Tchouameni while keeping an eye on Rice, but maybe opting to buy Maia. Meanwhile Mctominay is favourite to sign. Heinz exclusive. 

9 hours ago, elbee909 said:

That the Thuram that's practically signed for Liverpool according to the same press? Bah, I hate silly season

Thuram seems to have turned into the new Jonathan David for Romano to try and flog.

1 minute ago, Gaztoon said:

Gives me great joy knowing not one journo knows what the feck is going on behind the scenes ?

Aye, it is interesting to see all the poking around and just trying to link all sorts of players. Although I would love us to get whatever signings they want over the line as early as possible.

I often wonder how Newcastle's transfer budget is known and reported about most weeks, but the other 19 PL clubs manage to keep theirs secret. Absolute guesswork shite from Edwards, Hope etc. Anyone who thinks Hope is reliable just needs to remember what paper he writes for, you have to lie to work for that rag. 

48 minutes ago, STM said:

Works in the same place as George Caulkin, who literally told us that Maddison wasnt a priority.

No wonder the fans give journos such shit, when they can't get their stories straight.

He just using that as a pretext to write the article on Maddison as a player. It’s not meant to be a transfer update.

28 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

He just using that as a pretext to write the article on Maddison as a player. It’s not meant to be a transfer update.

Yes, that’s how I read it too.  It doesn’t at all mean he’s contradicting Caulkin. 

33 minutes ago, TBG said:

Quite worrying when an hour on and neither the club or the local journalists have come out and denied it.

Quite worrying when an hour on and neither the club or the local journalists have come out and denied it.