Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Would people be happy with 2 elite midfielders and then say someone like KWP who can cover lb and rb ? 

Kwp would be great. 

I think we will be left weak on the right flank with this approach though. I think we might be left in a position whereby we have to sell ASM to get a new RW in. 

3 minutes ago, nortoon said:

I think we will sign at least 4. Those articles are fairly pointless. The club will say one thing and do another, as they should.

Exactly. I just can't see the club telling anyone what our budget is. I'm not saying we're going to spend 200 million plus, but as soon as I see figures mentioned in articles, I take it with a pinch of salt. 

Whatever we do, I'll be happy. People just have to trust the process. 

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would people be happy with 2 elite midfielders and then say someone like KWP who can cover lb and rb ? 

If one was someone like Maddison of Szoboszlai who can play as an inverted RW, then aye.

Think I’ll be happy as long as we have what looks like (a) a signing or two which signal an improved first 11; (b) a stronger and deeper first team squad. The first criteria, to some extent, enables the second (those outgoing may change that) but three or four newbies, in and around the first team, probably required, especially as I expect to see two leaving.

To some extent I am content to wait and see what that looks like. Would love, as all I guess, a real CL level statement signing. Two would be even better. 

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

I think some people are going to be in for a shock if they think talk of a net spend of £100 million is playing down our budget.

It’s actually mental how little you get for 100m these days 

6 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm fine with 2 quality players. Reckon we will get 2 or 3 for the squad also. Perhaps a south American etc.

We will also sell someone significant.

Pretty much what I'm expecting. With ASM it just feels like it will be him that will be off, even though I'd like to see him play more in our bigger CL game schedule. However bringing in 2 quality players like the ones we've been linked with still be a massive improvement even if we lose ASM.

37 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm fine with 2 quality players. Reckon we will get 2 or 3 for the squad also. Perhaps a south American etc.

We will also sell someone significant.

Who would you class as significant? Only ASM is realistically going to bring in decent money imo. (Not talking about any post takeover signings)