Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

The Dieng one is strange. By all accounts he’s 5th choice at Marseille and apparently turned up for pre season overweight and out of shape. I’ve never seen him before, I usually rely on @KaKa and @McCormick for good information on these players, not sure if you lads know much about him ?

Haven't seen much of this guy at all. so don't really know his game. Seems to be highly thought of though. I like the Ramos link a lot better. Think he look sideal for the current system we play.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Is this lad an out and out striker or can he play wide forward ? As in will we still need another wide player or will he cover it ?

Ramos is a striker that links play and then gets in good positions to finish. He can also play as a second striker or an attacking midfielder dropping off another striker that looks to get in behind more.

He'd be able to play as our lone forward in the 4-3-3 really well, but could also play off Callum Wilson at times if we want to be more aggressive going forward. He doesn't play as a wide forward.

Just now, KaKa said:

Ramos is a striker that links play and then gets in good positions to finish. He can also play as a second striker or an attacking midfielder dropping off another striker that looks to get in behind more.

He'd be able to play as our lone forward in the 4-3-3 really well, but could also play off Callum Wilson at times if we want to be more aggressive going forward. He doesn't play as a wide forward.

Cheers 👍 really appreciate your information on players 

2 minutes ago, localshop said:

PSG have already stolen Ekitiké. They are not allowed Ramos as well.

Think it would have been one or the other, so don't see an issue there.

Edited by KaKa

6 minutes ago, Flip said:

Three goals and three assists in three games this season (2 CL qualifiers and 1 league game). Get him signed. 

Seems like a great time to pick him up as he's seemingly coming into his own now, and would have a really good season with them as a full time starter if he stayed, but it just so happens they want a different type of striker and so we can take advantage of that.

Mostly played in and around Darwin Nunez last season and made some waves, which is when we first probably noticed him, as we were looking at Darwin for a while.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Is this lad an out and out striker or can he play wide forward ? As in will we still need another wide player or will he cover it ?

He’s super well-rounded so could play anywhere in the front 3. Best played as a striker though I’d imagine (he’s deceptively really good at heading). To make a lazy comparison he’s a bit like Perez but better imo.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

KaKa's great at using FBRef and reading Transfermarkt these days, like.

There's so much great info out there on players, aside from watching them, and yes I do look at a bunch of that stuff for sure. Did see a fair bit of Ramos for Benfica last season too though as I was wanting to check out Nunez who we were being strongly linked with.

Now, I must admit, the main reason I did even notice Ramos name initially when watching those games, was due to having signed him on FM a couple of years back :laugh:

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

The rawest of raw players. Good energy,  pressing, attitude and great physical attributes but he has a bit of Joelinton about him in that he never really seems to strike the ball cleanly. There’s a player there and, for 12 or so million, he’d be a massive bargain imo.

That's a shame. I did like his all round game,, he looks quite powerful, but the last thing we need is another striker who can't hit the ball cleanly.

Time to go all in on Ramos.

13 minutes ago, Flip said:

:lol: 

The man sneak dissed me yo :lol:

I never claimed I was watching every single game, although I do watch a few! I've just really also got into the scouting and stats side of the game over the last few years. Find it all very interesting and informative.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

There was no sneak about it :lol:.

I tried to give you some credit, but you're right it was flagrant. You should be ashamed of yourself. No need! :lol:

Edited by KaKa