Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

He might have been the 10 in their 4231 but that doesn't tell the whole story. Admittedly my one video doesn't tell the story either, but he does not look like a 10 that neglects any defensive duties. His willingness to drop back and get stuck in was what made him so appealing.

Exactly. There was an Athletic article a little while back that basically said we should stop being hung up on positions and get used to roles and went on to identify some.

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Textbook PR balanced nothing answer.  Absolutely nothing like what Bruce would ever come out with. 

Howe's conferences are dull perfect platitudes.  We want signings, we might make them but it depends.

38 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Keeping cards close to chest as always, it's the new way throughout the club.

Exactly. He said a couple of days back that nothing was close when something was very, very close.

1 hour ago, David Edgar said:

Textbook PR balanced nothing answer.  Absolutely nothing like what Bruce would ever come out with. 

Howe's conferences are dull perfect platitudes.  We want signings, we might make them but it depends.

He'd answer but get a dig in about supporters first :lol: "any more signings Steve?" "[small laugh] well the fans are always clamoring for more, that's for sure. but it's something you learn to live with at a club like this. it's always so hard in these windows to get deals done, especially late, so we'll have to see"

7 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

I still worry about RW, we are an injury away from Murphy being a starter.

2. Almiron, Fraser then Murphy. 

Besides which, if Wilson and Isak are fit. Isak could play out there.

1 minute ago, thomas said:

He'd answer but get a dig in about supporters first :lol: "any more signings Steve?" "[small laugh] well the fans are always clamoring for more, that's for sure. but it's something you learn to live with at a club like this. it's always so hard in these windows to get deals done, especially late, so we'll have to see"

Or “I’ve given a list to the owner (Elmo, Choudhury, Alex Bruce) and we’ll have to see if there’s good willing on his part to sanction a deal…he wants the best for the club, like we all do, so I’m confident….”

1 hour ago, Emotic said:

Surely Hudson-Odoi isn't going to Leverkusen to sit on their bench? Diaby is in play somehow, whether be it ourselves or Arsenal.

Arsenal have switched from Diaby to Neto from Wolves I believe.

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

So, if it's a choice between winger and CM it's a no brainer for me - winger 100%

I'd choose the CM personally, already lost Shelvey there so one more injury/suspension and we cant even put a out and out CM on the bench

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think we will do what Liverpool tend to do going forward. If we can’t land our top target this window, we will go back the summer after.

Indeed, I believe so too especially regarding Maddison and possibly Harrison too. 

If they don’t renew they will cheaper as well.