Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

11 minutes ago, Stottie said:

For me CF (at least as cover) and RW were the priorities. The strange detour for me was the pursuit of Maddison. Paqueta I could understand from his versatility and physicality, but Maddison is too dedicated an AM to simply slot into the team as we've been playing. He's a fantastic player, but I think we'd need tactical changes to accommodate him.

Maddison has played a fair amount on the right hand side of a midfield 3 with a 3 man attack ahead of him.

16 minutes ago, Stottie said:

For me CF (at least as cover) and RW were the priorities. The strange detour for me was the pursuit of Maddison. Paqueta I could understand from his versatility and physicality, but Maddison is too dedicated an AM to simply slot into the team as we've been playing. He's a fantastic player, but I think we'd need tactical changes to accommodate him.

i agree, which is why I'm happy to believe that we were simply showing Lyon how much we were prepared to pay for Paqueta.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I think Howe eventually wants us to be set up like how LFC play, offensively anyway, in the final 3rd. 3 attackers, once central, two wide.

Aye but even then.. the iconic 3 has a false 9 allowing the wide players to play more centrally.

When Mane played centrally Salah played wider because there wasn't so much space to run into.

Wilson isn't that type of player. You can see a world where Wood drops deep and holds it up to link up.... but he's not shown that target man ability either.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye but even then.. the iconic 3 has a false 9 allowing the wide players to play more centrally.

When Mane played centrally Salah played wider because there wasn't so much space to run into.

Wilson isn't that type of player. You can see a world where Wood drops deep and holds it up to link up.... but he's not shown that target man ability either.

Won't be a problem for us because Maxi isn't Mane. Having Wilson in the middle with Isak drifting in from the right channel, will terrify defences.

EDIT 

admittedly I've misinterpreted what you were saying.

Edited by Happinesstan

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Wilson and King regularly swapped roles (played deeper to one another) at times at Bournemouth!

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Strange window so far mind. Don't get me wrong, signing two players of the quality of Botman and Isak is sensational stuff, but at the start of the window I'd have though CM and RW were the priority.

We should just  sign maddison and call it a day a reckon

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I wonder if we're fully holding out for Diaby. 

Don't do this to me, KI.

Harrison plus Gallagher on loan or Maddison plus Pulisic on loan and it's a 9/10 or 10/10 window for me.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Don't do this to me, KI.

Harrison plus Gallagher on loan or Maddison plus Pulisic on loan and it's a 9/10 or 10/10 window for me.

It's a 10 if we just get Harrison for me. He's the one Marv, he's the silver tuna. 

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I think there’s a reason nobody has signed Tielemans and I think it’s because he won’t be a good fit for a high intensity pressing team. I don’t see us going for him.

I don’t agree tbh, the reason nobody has signed him is because he has one year left and they are hoping to get the price right down. 

We definitely need another player, for me I think CM feels like a more pressing need given that Isak, Fraser, Almiron and possibly even Willock could do an ok job out right. I'm terrified of an injury to Bruno, I really think the gap in quality between him and the rest of our midfielders is huge.