Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Fair enough, but the player has to do exceptionally well to be considered by any of those teams you’ve mentioned. It’s become a riskier proposition now for sure.

Richarlison scored 43 goals in 135 pl matches to get that move. Even his Everton move could've been as high as 50m. Raphinha 17 in 65 (and a lot of assists).

You don't have to be a world-beater to get that type of fee for a Brazilian international.

Quick calculation, sign Brazilian player X for £20m fee + 5yr contract @£40k/week = £2m/year wages + £4m/year amortisation = £6m/year

So hypothetically if you sell X for £30m after three seasons, he'll gain you £22m from a FFP perspective* because his book value will be £20m - (3 x £4m) = £8m

We bought Bruno for £35m (I think?) and all he had was 50 appearances in France and a handful of Brazil caps.

*I'm not sure whether wages would be part of the calculation, if so then it's a £16m gain because he'll have cost £6m in wages

Edited by Keegans Export

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Richarlison scored 43 goals in 135 pl matches to get that move. Even his Everton move could've been as high as 50m. Raphinha 17 in 65 (and a lot of assists).

You don't have to be a world-beater to get that type of fee for a Brazilian international.

I see your point but, stats aside, Richarlison was widely considered to be the best attacking player outside the top 6. Basing your business model on the expectation that you’ll unearth a Richarlison-level player every time you speculate on a 30m 18 year-old is slightly optimistic.

Thats not to say that what we’re trying isn’t super exciting though!

3 hours ago, McCormick said:

I see your point but, stats aside, Richarlison was widely considered to be the best attacking player outside the top 6. Basing your business model on the expectation that you’ll unearth a Richarlison-level player every time you speculate on a 30m 18 year-old is slightly optimistic.

Thats not to say that what we’re trying isn’t super exciting though!

Yes that's exactly what I think. I think if you spend £30m on an 18-year old you expect them to be worth £60m when they are 25. £30m gets you a Jack Harrison, Zaha in January. If we choose to spend that on a teenager, we would think that kid has a higher ceiling.

That has been Real Madrid's transfer strategy post-Neymar. Sign the best Brazilian wonderkids for a lot of money, in the hope they either become superstars at Real Madrid or at least good enough to be sold for a healthy profit. 

Edited by The College Dropout

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Gonna be a superstar this kid will make St Max look like Steve Guppy.

Looking back on my old posts, he was first linked with us in early July. My concern then was that he had 54 games, zero goals. He's only 17, but if we get him, his first lessons should be on finishing!

He seems to play right wing or inside right most of the time.

His passing is sublime and he dribbles and shields the ball like ben arfa but is able to use his body strength better.

doesnt seem to shoot a lot, release s the ball for his team-mates

On 24/10/2022 at 17:44, Kid Icarus said:

I haven't watched Leeds since their form's dipped. Presumably Harrison's gone off the boil as well then?

I've seen him few times and he has looked really poor and one-footed, with Almiron's form I would be disappointed if we signed Harrison now. Rather sign someone that's better than Almiron right now or a lot younger.

Edited by Pata

10 hours ago, Southerner said:

Every opportunity he has for the killer pass he doesn't take it. :/

Not the best highlight reel.  Everything cuts short before an assist/goal/key pass.  Suggests he does a bit of dribbling - in a weak league - but not much in the final third.