Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’d say Gordon and Gallagher have about the same pedigree TBH. Gallagher has that one good loan spell at Palace but still a lot to prove. 

One is an England international. One is not. 

One has had a full season as a starter in the PL. One has not.  

Gallagher’s pedigree suggests a higher price point imo. whether someone will pay it is another issue. 

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

I think Chelsea set the price for Gordon when they bid 60M for him in the summer

But what I’m saying is we paid 40/45 million for Gordon, so Chelsea are fair enough asking for 50 million for Gallagher who is much more proven and still very young.

6 minutes ago, McCormick said:

50m is “fair” nowadays for a young England international getting regular games for a direct rival. Not that I think we’ll go anywhere near him for that price.

It's only fair if the seller and buyer think it is. If they have to sell down the line for FFP and there aren't takers thebprice will drop.

If we dont get a CM in which looks unlikely then pray that we are lucky regarding potential injuries. I understand that we might not get our top targets, but surely there’s some quality youngster available. We aren’t too far away from starting Anderson who is Championship level at best. Such a massive chance to go for top 4 now. It’s not the end of the world obviously, but not getting a CM in of some sort is a massive massive gamble. Hopefully one that pays off. Never mind thinking that same players can’t start every game. 

im speaking hypothetically now as the window hasn’t closed yet. 

Edited by Ikon

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

What's Henri Saivet doing these days

Probably still out on loan somewhere and Shola forgot to tell him to come back.

Like those soldiers deep in the jungle who still think the war is happening

Edited by geordie_b

2 minutes ago, madras said:

It's only fair if the seller and buyer think it is. If they have to sell down the line for FFP and there aren't takers thebprice will drop.

True. But the fact that we need the player now, with hours left in the window, means the price goes up.

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

If we dont get a CM in which looks unlikely then pray that we are lucky regarding potential injuries. I understand that we might not get our top targets, but surely there’s some quality youngster available. We aren’t too far away from starting Anderson who is Championship level at best. Such a massive chance to go for top 4 now. It’s not the end of the world obviously, but not getting a CM in of some sort is a massive massive gamble. Hopefully one that pays off. Never mind thinking that same players can’t start every game. 

im speaking hypothetically now as the window hasn’t closed yet. 

It’s even more risky when you consider all 4 of our CM choices already start every week and have pretty much played every game this season.

37 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

50m

Im sure they aren’t demanding that for him. 

They had Everton basically setting the value for him yesterday with that bid. Doubt they will take anything less than 45m. We may be able to do it if they will accept an offer for paying over time, but why would they do us a favour. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

It’s even more risky when you consider all 4 of our CM choices already start every week and have pretty much played every game this season.

Totally agree mate. Impossible to keep up the momentum mentally or physically if you play every single minute. Next to impossible at least. Fatigue will set in too. Especially since we play such an intense game style. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Totally agree mate. Impossible to keep up the momentum mentally or physically if you play every single minute. Next to impossible at least. Fatigue will set in too. Especially since we play such an intense game style. 

Yep, we'll need to rotate towards the end of the season.

Christ, I honestly can’t believe how quickly we’ve gone from the Ashley era to demanding players in certain positions like stroppy fucking bairns. Same arseholes that didn’t budge an inch when protests were happening no doubt.

(Aimed at the Twitter twats)

Edited by AJ9

As discussed at length a midfielder down feels risky. I guess they're balancing that against having very few cup games, getting in the right player and FFP. It does mean that we probably need to stop playing Joe as a left winger so we can rotate that midfield a little bit.

Just now, AJ9 said:

Christ, I honestly can’t believe how quickly we’ve gone from the Ashley era to demanding players in certain positions like stroppy fucking bairns. Same arseholes that didn’t budge an inch when protests were happening no doubt.

Some are, but I’m hoping you mean mostly on twitter because I haven’t seen many on here “demanding”, if anyone. 

It’s a sensible talking point, and there’s no reason to brush it under the carpet. However being extremely greedy and demanding is wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Is that true though? For example, Leicester in their title winning year barely changed the team all year. If we bring a loan in, surely they're there in case of emergency, rather than coming into the team on a regular basis?

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

As discussed at length a midfielder down feels risky. I guess they're balancing that against having very few cup games, getting in the right player and FFP. It does mean that we probably need to stop playing Joe as a left winger so we can rotate that midfield a little bit.

Agreed. Gordon + Maxi fit does essentially gain us a midfielder as Big Joe’s been wide left a lot recently.