Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, NWMag said:

we want loan with an option, whereas Chelsea want an obligation. 

Loan with an option makes sense if we are going for Maddison in the summer

Sounds like a surefire back and forth tomorrow leading to Gallagher staying put lol

I would be more than fine with adding him until the end of the season. 

Maybe we have another surprise or two for CM. 

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Gallagher and Maddison are completely different players though.

Gallagher would fit our current system like a glove. Maddison would more likely come in off the right or have more of a "free" role so we'd probably need to modify the system a touch.

Gallagher is a Longstaff upgrade.  He’ll score those goals that Longstaff is missing. Maddison is a different level and plays a different role.

Edited by gazza ladra

Never thought much of Berge tbh. He hardly pulled up trees at Sheff Utd.

He'd be a bench warmer or a late option here, whereas Gallagher would absolutely bring something that would fit into the current setup 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Gallagher and Maddison are completely different players though.

Gallagher would fit our current system like a glove. Maddison would more likely come in off the right or have more of a "free" role so we'd probably need to modify the system a touch.

Yeah, who knows what the plan is/was, but I see Maddison being played in the front 3.

2 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Imagine a team with Gallagher, Gordon, Almiron, Joelinton and Longstaff (even) playing. So much energy in the press will scare every opposition 

They’ll 11 behind the ball. We’ll need creativity to break those teams down.

Be stunned if we made any more signings now (Ashby aside). While I know Shelvey has hardly played this season, and I think it's probably right to let him go, we're still very light in midfield and it seems a bit of a risk to continue the rest of the season with such little depth there.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I might overrate Gallagher a bit, but I've wanted us to sign him ever since his stint at Palace. As a modern day CM, he looked like he had it all. Obviously he hasn't kicked on bring parked on Chelsea's bench.

I think I overrated Vieira’s management skills based on Gallagher’s performance last season. They got some results last year that they really shouldn’t have got. 

Obviously, if Maddison is available for 10 million more, I’d want Maddison now. But I can’t believe Leicester City will sell. I’m sure they’d love to shift Tielemans though.

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

What's people's gut feeling on getting a midfielder? I'm unsure because of our policy but I'd say we'll get something done as we're ridiculously short.

I don’t think we will get one, our targets seemingly not available and we don’t wanna spend again this month.