Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

48 minutes ago, Mikky said:

My wish list is 

LB - Antonee Robinson (can’t think of anyone)

CB - Maxence Lacroix - as your Lascelles replacement 

DM - either Edson Alvarez or Manu Kone - just, if needed, we can move Bruno around tactically

AM - Maddison - no one else 

LW/RW/FWD - Marcus Thuram / Joao Pedro / Rafael Leao (cough cough)

ideally would like another centre mid if I am being greedy - a punt on Tielemens on a free or Onana if Everton go down 

What a shite list lad. Can do a lot better across most of those positions, Maddison apart.

5 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

What a shite list lad. Can do a lot better across most of those positions, Maddison apart.

Antonee robinson is shite but I think the rest are decent shouts.

Manu Kone, Lacroix and Maddison would all be amazing. Think lacroix would more likely be a Schar replacement than Lascelles.

Leao would be insane but he’s at the top level of wonder kids so unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Antonee robinson is shite but I think the rest are decent shouts.

Manu Kone, Lacroix and Maddison would all be amazing. Think lacroix would more likely be a Schar replacement than Lascelles.

Leao would be insane but he’s at the top level of wonder kids so unlikely.

Leao will be entering his final year after the summer 

Lacroix - Kone - Maddison - Leao are unreal signings 

By all means we can go higher and get the likes of Rice/Bellingham but I don’t know if we are at that spend level 

If Maddison isn't our number 1 target, I will be disappointed. We should move heaven and earth to get him through the door, early if possible. I'd start the negotiations with Leicester now. They have been forced into a corner and know they have to sell. The last thing we want is silly money Chelsea or Man Utd stepping in and offering far more than we would be willing to.

Failing that I'd move for Neves, ok a different player to Maddison but we can utilise Bruno differently.

After midfield, we need to look at CB and LB. Which raises the question, do we now consider Burn a left back or a centre back  because if we consider him the former, then I'd argue that we need 2 of the latter.

CB: Schar, Botman, Burn and New CB

LB: Targett and New LB

Or

CB: Schar, Botman, New CB, New CB

LB Targett and Burn

Either way, we need to be looking at the cream of the crop. 

All reports this month, especially from the athletic suggest a number 6 is the priority. Not sure who is out there that we will go for, but I really hope it’s not Mctominay, given our tendency to go back in for former targets. He really would be a horrible signing.

I think we’ll sign 3/4 in the summer, unsure on positions as it will come down to which of our preferred targets are available for the right money.. with that being said you’d expect a midfielder who can play as a 6 (even if not their preferred position). I think it’ll be a mix of potential and established quality, say 1 or 2 proven PL starters and 2 up and comers (maybe 1 from abroad).

Not confident we get Maddison though. 

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

All reports this month, especially from the athletic suggest a number 6 is the priority. Not sure who is out there that we will go for, but I really hope it’s not Mctominay, given our tendency to go back in for former targets. He really would be a horrible signing.

Edison Alvarez at Ajax is class 

58 minutes ago, STM said:

If Maddison isn't our number 1 target, I will be disappointed. We should move heaven and earth to get him through the door, early if possible. I'd start the negotiations with Leicester now. They have been forced into a corner and know they have to sell. The last thing we want is silly money Chelsea or Man Utd stepping in and offering far more than we would be willing to.

Failing that I'd move for Neves, ok a different player to Maddison but we can utilise Bruno differently.

After midfield, we need to look at CB and LB. Which raises the question, do we now consider Burn a left back or a centre back  because if we consider him the former, then I'd argue that we need 2 of the latter.

CB: Schar, Botman, Burn and New CB

LB: Targett and New LB

Or

CB: Schar, Botman, New CB, New CB

LB Targett and Burn

Either way, we need to be looking at the cream of the crop. 

Interesting discussion on Burn. As good as he’s been I think we need a really high quality left back who can attack. It will take our attack to the next level and particularly help against the low block set ups at home. Burn will still get plenty of game time at centre half and on occasion play left back. Target and a new LB will be the main LBs.  

I definitely think Maddison is a target, Neves would be immense though. Imagine getting both 😂

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Just now, The Prophet said:

Number six wise, saw McDominate, Ugarte, Thuram and Caicedo all linked this month. Tielemans, Onana, Lavia and Kone too, but they aren't really number sixes.

Could see us going and getting Caicedo (not at the price quoted in January). I don’t see Arsenal going back in for him, by all accounts they want Rice, surely Chelsea don’t need him alongside Enzo.

29 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think we’ll sign 3-4 potential starters for the team and probably a couple solid squad players. 

That would be incredible - I would take that all day long 

Anyone else expecting it to be similar to last summers window? Proven PL players (Pope, Targett) and potential from abroad (Isak, Botman). If we get 4 done of that kind of standard again if will probably put this squad close to being able to handle 4 competitions, depending on how the signings perform as well. 

Obviously that’s going to be another 120-150m, not sure if we’ve got that kind of room to play with within FFP. I’m thinking the potential will be more like Franca than Isak. 

Edited by Nine