Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Pixelphish said:

Wants too much salary given CFCs recent 600m spending spree?

That's not a great look for Mount either tbh, Chelsea are one of the biggest payers in the division, if he'd rather move and get a bigger signing on fee somewhere else, he does come across as a bit mercenary.

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

That's not a great look for Mount either tbh, Chelsea are one of the biggest payers in the division, if he'd rather move and get a bigger signing on fee somewhere else, he does come across as a bit mercenary.

Does he not just want parity with other incoming players.

Same story has played out for loads of academy products over the years.

I.e. Ashley Cole at Arsenal to Chelsea

10 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Evan Ferguson another name linked. There’ll be plenty after him. Massive talent.

18 year old kid basically bullying experienced defenders.. in the right team he could very possibly end up doing Shearer/Kane type numbers. Cut from same cloth and doesn’t look phased at all by the attention.

Yep, throw everything at him, he's the real deal alright.

As for Mount, I don't understand why so many posters on here don't rate him? Is it because he's had some shite games for England? He'd be an absolutely incredible signing (won't happen because of wages though).

Just now, Cronky said:

He’s had horrendous luck with injuries but at his best he’s a very classy defender. It all depends on his fitness.

I can recall him having 1 good season which ended up in him having an ACL? Never regained that level 

27 minutes ago, TRon said:

Athletic are saying he's one of the lowest earners at Chelsea as he is still on the same wages from when he first broke into the first team in 19/20.

He must be looking around that dressing room at the likes of Pulisic, Koulibaly, Aubameyang et al and think why are they on 2 to 3 times more money.

Craig Hope now does a YouTube channel, and for my sins I tend to watch it....

He said something in his post Scotland-Spain game, which I think speaks volume to the level of journalism in this country and more specifically the level of accuracy surrounding transfers from abroad.

He said when Joselu entered the pitch that he thought "he had retired years ago". Now whether you are a big on Spanish football or not, you don't need to have your finger on the pulse to know that Joselu has had a couple of outstanding seasons and scored 2 on his international debut a week ago.

This remark shocked me from Hope, who I genuinely don't mind. How can someone paid to cover football, not have a half decent knowledge of football world wide?

My point here, is that unless its local/national stuff, most of the British media haven't a clue what's going on. They are a shambles. So don't be too disheartened by McTominay/Gomez links. They are probably names on a domestic shortlist.... its what's on the other shortlist I'm interested in.

49 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I can recall him having 1 good season which ended up in him having an ACL? Never regained that level 

He's looked like a mid tier championship player vs Napoli and Real Madrid.

Total calamity.

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Northern echo isn’t a great source imo, personally I’d be surprised given we just bought Gordon. Unless we are willing to move on ASM. 

Dont know if we are splashing the cash on Diaby, but Romano said midfield and winger are priority positions.

2 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Sounds like Diaby is a primary target for the summer. Northern Echo say we are willing to break our transfer record again.

Can't see us spending £65m+ on Diaby and still having enough left to pursue Maddison

We would be spreading the cost though?

We are going big this summer, so I'd absolutely expect to see us spending 200m.

We want 6 players. That's approx 33m each but if we want a Diaby or a Maddison that could take up 2 x 33m.

On the other hand, I've a sneaky suspicion that we might get someone in on a free.

Also worth remembering that we are probably in a position where we can recoup money. So 200m spend, might be brought down significantly by outgoings. 

Diaby - 56m

Maddison - 48m

K Thuram / K Kone - 40m

Grimaldo (free)

M Thuram (free)

Christensen (Barca) -37m

Tielemans (free) / Mount 50m

That would be a team that wins something next season. 

Edited by kingxlnc

2 hours ago, Pixelphish said:

Wants too much salary given CFCs recent 600m spending spree?

Possibly - begs the question why over spend if you have to then sell your young high quality assets worsening your squad? Can't imagine the spending spree resulted in players on lower wages coming in.

3 minutes ago, hakka said:

Possibly - begs the question why over spend if you have to then sell your young high quality assets worsening your squad? Can't imagine the spending spree resulted in players on lower wages coming in.

Boehly getting over excited with his new toy is all I have.

16 minutes ago, McCormick said:

No way of knowing of course but I can’t see us spending 200m. It’ll be similar to last season’s window imo- 120 to 130m.

Think the only way we get close to 200m is if we qualify for the CL, as then the squad will need both quality and quantity. Europa on Conference League wouldn't require quite such drastic action. 

17 minutes ago, McCormick said:

No way of knowing of course but I can’t see us spending 200m. It’ll be similar to last season’s window imo- 120 to 130m.

Waugh says that they want 6 players. It's going to take some effort to sign 6 good players and stick to 120m.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Chelsea aren't interested i putting Mount on 250k for 3 years. They will only do it for 7.

As far as I understand it, the length of the contracts recently at Chelsea are purely an accounting trick used for amortising the transfer fee over as long of a period as possible. Which wouldn't be relevant with Mount as it's a renewal rather than a new signing.

2 defenders CB+ LB

2 midfielders

2 attackers

If these are our target positions, we will do well to keep costs down.

Selling ASM for 30/40m and replacing him with Diaby for 50/60m, would help out immensely.