Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

10 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Mctominay would cost about what we paid for Bruno. Gordon was more.

Cost isn't the point I was making, I don't think it's that important - How we managed to sign Bruno is a complete mystery to me. We'll be incredibly lucky to bring in that level of player again this summer, even at double the cost. If we compare every deal from here on out with the Bruno deal then we're just going to be constantly disappointed.

I've always rated OAC highly. Obviously there's a question mark over his fitness, but if Eddie can sort that out, and if his wages aren't a problem, then yeah.

We've not seen very much of him lately, so let's not dismiss this out of hand. 

Christ. AOC was finished several years ago. He's best sticking to Tik Tok dancing and being the husband of a famous lass. £150k a week and 30 in the summer as well. 

Funny how the papers have got us targeting the top 4s shite like we should be thankful for the opportunity. 

11 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Cost isn't the point I was making, I don't think it's that important - How we managed to sign Bruno is a complete mystery to me. We'll be incredibly lucky to bring in that level of player again this summer, even at double the cost. If we compare every deal from here on out with the Bruno deal then we're just going to be constantly disappointed.

There's lots of deals as good as Bruno done on a yearly basis from a finance perspective.

You can name half a dozen from Brighton easily.

It's known that you don't often get great value for money for PL transfers. There's greater value (and risk) from abroad and different leagues.

4 hours ago, Cronky said:

I've always rated OAC highly. Obviously there's a question mark over his fitness, but if Eddie can sort that out, and if his wages aren't a problem, then yeah.

:kasper:

5 hours ago, Cronky said:

I'm sure there's still a very decent player in there, but for any team with Champions League aspirations this would be a horrible move. For £20-30m we could \ get someone up-and-coming, injury free and 22-24 years of age, with their career in front of them rather than their best years behind them. It's an Ashley-era type transfer rumour that would never materialise because AOC would want more than £15k per week

I think some of you are underrating your owners still.

They might melt faces with thier spend this summer. I remember the PSG take over, they spent a little the first window and I expected a slow ramp up. Then they went HAM.

This window is 100% going to be our biggest spend.

Talk of us wanting 6 players and we've already shown that we aren't afraid of spending on our key targets.

Hopefully we can get SOME money back on outgoings too.

7 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

I think some of you are underrating your owners still.

They might melt faces with thier spend this summer. I remember the PSG take over, they spent a little the first window and I expected a slow ramp up. Then they went HAM.

Simply can’t do that, especially with wages. We need to get rid of players and also massively increase turnover/sponsorship. 

On 26/03/2023 at 12:04, KaKa said:

No idea why some of you keep talking about Osimhen.

I don't understand how you lot can be so out of touch with the level of certain players and the kind of clubs they are going to be looking to join next. It's so strange. 

‘Some of you…’ are you not one of us? Perhaps if you take a second to read the bit in parentheses, before your fingers go walkabout, you’d have answered your own question.