Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, STM said:

Waugh says that they want 6 players. It's going to take some effort to sign 6 good players and stick to 120m.

Easier if its 3/4 good players. One (Maddison) likely at a reduced rate due to their contract situation. And 2/3 high potential kids from South America. 

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Easier if its 3/4 good players. One (Maddison) likely at a reduced rate due to their contract situation. And 2/3 high potential kids from South America. 

Give me your list + costs. I'm not having a go, just interested in your workings out.

Realistic Free agents this Summer

Tielemans FREE

Ndicka FREE

Zaha FREE

Grimaldo FREE
Thuram FREE

Kamada FREE

Guerreiro FREE

Bamba FREE

Veltman FREE

Taking 2 or 3 of these would be nice

Realistic Transfers with 1 year left (After this Summer)

Maddison - £50 M

Mount - £60 M

Milinkovic-Savic - £50 M

Neves - £50 M

Olmo - £50 M

Rice - £75 M

Leao - £80 M

Dembele - £60 M

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Give me your list + costs. I'm not having a go, just interested in your workings out.

That part isn't my job lol.

I was just making the point that, yes, it would be hard/impossible to sign 6 good players for that kind of money, but I don't think that is exactly the plan. I think they will likely be looking at 3 first team additions (LB, CM, Forward), and then 2/3 players who may not be ready to play 38 games of a PL season, but that can be developed over the course of a year or 2 to get to that point. We need a CB, but the pressure to bring in a CB who can instantly come into the starting 11 v a LB who can isn't the same.

I expect some signings we have heard plenty about (Maddison, Diaby etc) and some Brighton style ones who we (and most others) have never heard of. And a maybe a free transfer or two. 

Edited by sushimonster85

We aren't taking 2/3 free agents like. [emoji38]

Firstly, free or not, players need to fit our very specific criteria. Fitness? Attitude? Age? Wages?

These players are running down their contracts so they can get massive contracts from high end clubs. We are unlikely to get one, let alone 3.

Thuram, perhaps, we have a shot at.

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

That part isn't my job lol.

I was just making the point that, yes, it would be hard/impossible to sign 6 good players for that kind of money, but I don't think that is exactly the plan. I think they will likely be looking at 3 first team additions (LB, CM, Forward), and then 2/3 players who may not be ready to play 38 games of a PL season, but that can be developed over the course of a year or 2 to get to that point. We need a CB, but the pressure to bring in a CB who can instantly come into the starting 11 v a LB who can isn't the same.

I expect some signings we have heard plenty about (Maddison, Diaby etc) and some Brighton style ones who we (and most others) have never heard of. 

Aye my point is that if we sign Maddison and Diaby, your 120m budget is gone. 

11 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

Realistic Free agents this Summer

Tielemans FREE

Ndicka FREE

Zaha FREE

Grimaldo FREE
Thuram FREE

Kamada FREE

Guerreiro FREE

Bamba FREE

Veltman FREE

Taking 2 or 3 of these would be nice

Realistic Transfers with 1 year left (After this Summer)

Maddison - £50 M

Mount - £60 M

Milinkovic-Savic - £50 M

Neves - £50 M

Olmo - £50 M

Rice - £75 M

Leao - £80 M

Dembele - £60 M

Kamada is going to Dortmund.

Rice is going for close to double that.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Aye my point is that if we sign Maddison and Diaby, your 120m budget is gone. 

We absolutely aren't signing both of them, I used their names as examples of players we've been linked too regularly. The only way that happens is if we qualify for the CL, but I've already said I believe if that happens the money spent will likely get close to 200m. Or if we manage to receive a large fee for ASM. 

10 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

As far as I understand it, the length of the contracts recently at Chelsea are purely an accounting trick used for amortising the transfer fee over as long of a period as possible. Which wouldn't be relevant with Mount as it's a renewal rather than a new signing.

I had read they wanted to give him a long contract but that doesn't seem to be the case. But the latest Athletic article suggests there are a number of complications particularly the new regimes fondness of  highly-incentivised contracts.

I like that idea across football. As I understand most high-level contracts are 80-90% secured e.g. 100k p/w no matter what. Then 10k appearance bonus. Maybe 15k goal bonus etc.

Much less common is a 50k base. 30k appearance bonus for 49 minutes + or 15k for any appearance. 40% bonus for qualifying for CL etc. That changes the whole complexion of the contract.

28 minutes ago, andycap said:

Scott mctominay mason mount now joe gomes we must be flush because all these clubs will be wanting massive amounts. Crackers shopping in the domestic league. 

I think getting good value deals from abroad is getting harder and, with the strength of the PL, massively more risky.

Someone like Kone for example would go for 50m; great talent on paper, but I wouldn’t exactly call it a bargain. See also Diaby for a possible 65m, Scamacca for 35m, Antony for 80m etc.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I had read they wanted to give him a long contract but that doesn't seem to be the case. But the latest Athletic article suggests there are a number of complications particularly the new regimes fondness of  highly-incentivised contracts.

I like that idea across football. As I understand most high-level contracts are 80-90% secured e.g. 100k p/w no matter what. Then 10k appearance bonus. Maybe 15k goal bonus etc.

Much less common is a 50k base. 30k appearance bonus for 49 minutes + or 15k for any appearance. 40% bonus for qualifying for CL etc. That changes the whole complexion of the contract.

One thing I find interesting about the Chelsea contracts was the wage drops if CL football isn't attained. I know most non 'big 6' sides have relegation wage reduction clauses, but I'd never heard of a reduction based on not getting CL. It may be a common thing among the more traditional top 4 sides, but it's not something I'd heard of till this new Chelsea ownership came in. 

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

I think getting good value deals from abroad is getting harder and, with the strength of the PL, massively more risky.

Someone like Kone for example would go for 50m; great talent on paper, but I wouldn’t exactly call it a bargain. See also Diaby for a possible 65m, Scamacca for 35m, Antony for 80m etc.

l think we’d only be tempted to only look abroad when the release clauses are available and not too large. For example, I’d go for Urgarte from Sporting who reportedly has a clause of around €50m. That would be good value to me as I think he goes for a lot more than that if he signs a new deal 

8 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Qualify for CL and then with our recent new sponsorship deals we will spend big on 5-6 players in my opinion. Miss out on the CL and it's anyone's guess.

We're not qualifying for the CL, let's be honest [emoji38]

We're not getting taken over

We're not staying up

We're not getting Europe

We're not getting CL (YOU ARE HERE)

We're not winning the league

We're not winning the CL

Don't fight the inevitable.

Edited by Menace

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Is it a more risk thou? 

Realistically we need 20 points from the remaining 30 to finish 4th. Our form post-WC doesn't suggest that we're capable of doing that. I reckon we'll be around 5 points shy.

I'd be pure buzzing if we did qualify like, obviously [emoji38]

@nufc123Buying players from outside the PL you mean? I’d say so, especially if they’re playing for smaller sides. There’ll be obvious exceptions where the player’s talent is so undeniable that they’d thrive in any league but it’s easy to see why buying solid performers in the PL is considered a safer bet.

Edited by McCormick

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Realistically we need 20 points from the remaining 30 to finish 4th. Our form post-WC doesn't suggest that we're capable of doing that. I reckon we'll be around 5 points shy.

I'd be pure buzzing if we did qualify like, obviously [emoji38]

I'd say rather than any actual points total, we give ourselves a huge chance if we beat Man U on Sunday, and Spurs when they come up to visit. That Spurs game could be a 4th place 6 pointer.