Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

No I'm not one of the people mentioning Osimhen, so I'm not 'Some of you ... '.

The idea is that unrealistic that even mentioning it is perplexing to me. And I say this as a Nigerian that would love nothing more than him joining the club.

Edited by KaKa

Just waiting for us to be linked to rejects like Loftus-Cheek and Gallagher now.  I wouldn’t give the cunts a fucking penny and other clubs should do the same.

Chelsea face having to raise substantial amounts of money by selling off players this summer to avoid breaching the Premier League's financial rules next year. (Times - subscription required) 

Given the choice between Mctominay and JWP I’d honestly chose the former, with our system a midfielders physical output and general fitness is arguably more important than any other attribute.. JWP undoubtedly has more quality yes, but he wouldn’t fit into this side physically imo. I think the current squad is stronger as a whole with Mctominay over him. 

Edited by Nine

45 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Just read the transfer mailbag with Waugh and Caulkin. Very little of interest or what we didn't already know.

We haven't narrowed down are shortlist and we won't until we know what competitions we're in next season.

All the media noise seems just that at the moment, noise. Of course we won't know our targets until we know what comps we're in next season.

Champions league elevates to the level of target significantly.

Europa league means we need the squad padding out significantly with more quality.

Said it before but if there’s one thing we’ve learnt under this ownership is that we are good keeping our actual targets under wraps until it’s almost done.

Edited by Nine

6 minutes ago, Nine said:

Said it before but if there’s one thing we’ve learnt under this ownership is that we are good keeping our actual targets under wraps until it’s almost done.

Purely depends on circumstance. Botman and Ekitike both dragged on for AGES man.

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Purely depends on circumstance. Botman and Ekitike both dragged on for AGES man.

Yes it does, but their overall record so far (from what we know) is pretty decent I’d say. 

6 hours ago, Nine said:

Given the choice between Mctominay and JWP I’d honestly chose the former, with our system a midfielders physical output and general fitness is arguably more important than any other attribute.. JWP undoubtedly has more quality yes, but he wouldn’t fit into this side physically imo. I think the current squad is stronger as a whole with Mctominay over him. 

Even though I'm dubious about McTominay, have to say I agree. Never been sold on JWP, can't say I've ever noticed him apart from the dead ball situations. I'm sure he's a tidy enough player, just not really good at anything in particular. At least with McTominay you know you would be getting someone who will press aggressively so he might actually fit the Howe blueprint.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Isak linked for a long time. Gordon was linked. The Brazilian boys linked for some time.

King Luke name dropped Gordon and Isak first. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Isak linked for a long time. Gordon was linked. The Brazilian boys linked for some time.

Isak was briefly linked but not for a long time similar to Gordon. Don’t recall Bruno being linked at all as had never heard of him until a week or so prior. Joelinton was probably rumoured the longest from some very low-key sources.

Seen a few more links to Kalvin Phillips this morning. That would be a huge upgrade on McTominey and probably not far from the same price. Man city will sell cheaper than they bought considering he has hardly played for a year..

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Isak was briefly linked but not for a long time similar to Gordon. Don’t recall Bruno being linked at all as had never heard of him until a week or so prior. Joelinton was probably rumoured the longest from some very low-key sources.

I assume he meant the kids in South America we've been tracking?

But while I would say we aren't leaky, it's not as impossible to work out who we're signing as is sometimes made out nowadays. Isak was a bit of a surprise, but it was known we liked him and his 'type' of player. The surprise was generated by Ekitike's rejection and Wilson's injury - so the club stepped up the price they were willing to pay for him.

Signings - Interests 

Ashby - known

Gordon - known

Kuol - surprise

Isak - known

Botman - known

Pope - surprise

Targett (permanent) - known

Targett (loan) - surprise

Burn - surprise

Guimaraes - surprise

Wood - surprise

Trippier - known

I'd call that a reasonable blend for a well-run club.

12 minutes ago, 80 said:

But while I would say we aren't leaky, it's not as impossible to work out who we're signing as is sometimes made out nowadays. Isak was a bit of a surprise, but it was known we liked him and his 'type' of player. The surprise was generated by Ekitike's rejection and Wilson's injury - so the club stepped up the price they were willing to pay for him.

Signings - Interests 

Ashby - known

Gordon - known

Kuol - surprise

Isak - known

Botman - known

Pope - surprise

Burn - surprise

Guimaraes - surprise

Wood - surprise

Trippier - known

This just made me think of Cilla Black.

16 minutes ago, buzza said:

say 40 mill. would be the perfect sitting midfielder

Aside from his wages which would presumably be above our self-imposed (Ffp imposed?) wage structure.

But yeah, he’d be an amazing signing for us imo. All the athleticism of McTominay but better technically and the ability to play (well) as a 6.

38 minutes ago, buzza said:

Seen a few more links to Kalvin Phillips this morning. That would be a huge upgrade on McTominey and probably not far from the same price. Man city will sell cheaper than they bought considering he has hardly played for a year..

If Man City decide they want Rice, they’ll probably have to shift Phillips. 

Wasn’t entirely convinced he was worth the fee they paid for him, but certainly wouldn’t complain about bringing him in for a bit less.

Wages could maybe be an issue like, assuming he’ll be on a hefty whack now.

edit - Google says £150k p/w, which is probably a bit rich for us at present

Edited by SteV

56 minutes ago, 80 said:

Signings - Interests 

Ashby - known

Gordon - known

Kuol - surprise

Isak - known

Botman - known

Pope - surprise

Burn - surprise

Guimaraes - surprise

Wood - surprise

Trippier - known

Aye the kids actually in Brazil.

It's not like every signing comes out the blue. Most have a decent amount of links and rumours, rumours of bids before we get concrete news.

It's at the point that if we are persistently linked to a player that there is some truth to the rumour.