Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, The Butcher said:

If Manq and/or Krafth leaves a RB should be a priority.

Can't have a soon to be 22 year old lad with next to no senior football experience as Tripps' backup. 

Trippier himself didn't start getting regular games in the top flight until he was past 20 and he's (Ashby) highly thought of.

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Is there a reason we can’t embed tweets anymore ?

image.thumb.png.e07064b8abe05281970281dab3ede789.png

Musk locking it down to paying clients?

Edited by Teslact
Autocorrect switched Musk to Must

Unless he is injured Manquillo must be away this summer. We had 3 left backs on the bench on Monday and no right back. Considering Tripps was a, possible, doubt it was mad having no replacement on the bench in case of emergencies. Ashby was only added to the squad when big Joe had to be replaced.

5 hours ago, MidfieldGeneral said:

Unless he is injured Manquillo must be away this summer. We had 3 left backs on the bench on Monday and no right back. Considering Tripps was a, possible, doubt it was mad having no replacement on the bench in case of emergencies. Ashby was only added to the squad when big Joe had to be replaced.

I'm not saying Manquillo is good enough for our level anymore but he's played a lot more as RB than LB in his career.

19 minutes ago, Viana said:

It likely depends on where they see Ashby at in his development. 

He’s clearly a player we deem to have an important future and we clearly told him this or else he wouldn’t have come. 

Manquillo is a perfect example of the apathy during the Ashley era. He's been here for six seasons and has made 110 apps but if someone asked me to write couple of sentences to summarise his time here I've no idea what to write. Can't remember a single moment even though I watched most of those 110 apps. :lol:

2 hours ago, Pata said:

Manquillo is a perfect example of the apathy during the Ashley era. He's been here for six seasons and has made 110 apps but if someone asked me to write couple of sentences to summarise his time here I've no idea what to write. Can't remember a single moment even though I watched most of those 110 apps. :lol:

Post Ashley era so proves your point; the only one which comes to mind is winning the free kick for Shelvey to score in that massive win against Leeds last season. The takeover has been like waking up from a coma as a fan. 

4 hours ago, Pata said:

Id say he steady Eddy 

4 hours ago, Pata said:

:lol:

Cheers for winning the free kick at Leeds?

Just now, r0cafella said:

Clutching at straws: our Henderson/Milner?

I’d be more surprised if we signed him after Howe’s comments after the game saying we are shopping in a small pool of players who can improve us. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’d be more surprised if we signed him after Howe’s comments after the game saying we are shopping in a small pool of players who can improve us. 

Always take what Howe says to the media with a handful of salt. 

Also, it’s possible they actually do view him in that way. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Always take what Howe says to the media with a handful of salt. 

Also, it’s possible they actually do view him in that way. 

If we do end up signing him, I hope they aren’t viewing him as a DM, hes genuinely awful in that role.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

If we do end up signing him, I hope they aren’t viewing him as a DM, hes genuinely awful in that role.

Naaaa he’s definitely viewed as an option to play the same role as Longstaff. 

Just wish we’d go for someone with a higher ceiling. Also, I hate signing players from Man united.