Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, NEEJ said:

To those calling him useless and a waste of money for ~£20m - how many times have you actually watched him play? The strong opinions on relatively obscure players on this place never cease to amaze. 

He’s hardly relatively obscure in fairness, seen quite a lot of Watford the last season or so.

8 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Pretty certain lots of people will convince themselves that it’s a very good signing somehow. 

Could easily say the same for it being a bad signing though 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Sounds like the perfect sort of signing really if we're not getting a striker designed to actually usurp Wilson. 

Lol at the outofnowhereyness. 

Nah Yorkie mate, he's shit. Bang average and no better than Wood. We should instead go for these players I've just watched compilations on YouTube of and had a glance at their FBRef stats that we're almost certainly not in for instead.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

We want signings, we want signings, we want signings, just not him, him, him or him or any if them mentioned, but we want signings now.

I can't even be irritated by it anymore, it's just so pathetic :lol:

The kid has already been deemed to be Chris Wood mark 2. I mean ... I can't believe it :lol:

By all the metrics @The Prophet has been posting, as well as the ones from that great Athletic article on him, he's right up there in potential with all the young strikers we've been looking at, but here we go ... can't score and is no good because he didn't do so for Watford, and is now no better than Chris Wood.

4 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

To those calling him useless and a waste of money for ~£20m - how many times have you actually watched him play? The strong opinions on relatively obscure players on this place never cease to amaze. 

Does this theory only apply to the people that don’t like him? :lol: how many times have the people raving about him watched him play? Probably much the same. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

The kid has already been deemed to be Chris Wood mark 2. I mean ... I can't believe it :lol:

By all the metrics @The Prophet has been posting, as well as the ones from that great Athletic article on him, he's right up there in potential with all the young strikers we've been looking at, but here we go ... can't score and is no good because he didn't do so for Watford, and is now no better than Chris Wood.

The Wood mark 2 comments are ridiculous, but people have seen enough of him to not rate him and not want to sign him. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

He can play anywhere across the front line, so could be tried on the RW and also cover for Wilson up front. Sounds pretty ideal tbh considering those in the know seem to really rate him.

22 minutes ago, gdm said:

Experience of not being able to score. Get him in 

Not going to write off someone 19-20 scoring 3 in that Watford team.

Fancy having a look at Shearer's record in his first 4 seasons?

Edited by Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

We want signings, we want signings, we want signings, just not him, him, him or him or any if them mentioned, but we want signings now.

I mean this is a lot of shite. Because we want new signings do we have to be enthusiastic about every player linked? Utter nonsense :lol:

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Not going to right off someone 19-20 scoring 3 in that Watford team.

He scored 29 in a season for Fluminese. I know that's not top level, but it shows he knows the way to goal.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not going to right off someone 19-20 scoring 3 in that Watford team.

But wait he was playing up front with Sarr & Dennis that everyone on here was raving about and now it’s ‘that Watford team’

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c82c90f0f2a869d3e7d6025b498c47ed.jpeg

image.jpeg.69fc14bc51613199e34915fc010b33ef.jpeg

Again such a nonsense point. You are basically saying no one is allowed an opinion we all have to agree a linked player is great. It’s not even accurate some links have been great and many have been up for and ones like this not so much 

Edited by gdm

Just now, gdm said:

Does this theory only apply to the people that don’t like him? :lol: how many times have the people raving about him watched him play? Probably much the same. 

Of course not, I just struggle to believe people have seen enough of him either way to sound so authoritative about where his ceiling sits.