Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Looking at that peach of a cross he delivered for the Leeds goal on Saturday, Harrison would be wasted on the right wing.

Not sure about that. He’s ridiculously 2-footed and, arguably, his biggest strength is how well he can strike the ball. He’d get a lot of joy cutting in from that left-side.

25 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Richarlison £60m. 25. 2 years left on his contract. Regular Brazilian international. 32 PL G/A last 2 seasons. 

Raphinha £50m. 25. 2 years left on his contract. Emerging Brazilian international. Bidding war. 31 PL G/A last 2 seasons.

Maddison. £45m??????. 25. 2 years left on his contract. English. 33 PL G/A last 2 seasons.

Market value has to be around £50m-£60m

Less than £50m is a steal.

You’ve failed to answer my crucial second point. The examples you give both had had 2 or more clubs very keen on signing them.

If Maddison is worth £60m then someone will pay it but so far no one has shown any interest in him at any price except us.

Players are no different to houses and only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Not sure about that. He’s ridiculously 2-footed and, arguably, his biggest strength is how well he can strike the ball. He’d get a lot of joy cutting in from that left-side.

Fair enough, I've not paid much attention to him before this season tbh. But I do generally like wide players who are on their natural foot if they've got wicked good delivery. Leighton Baines used to be good at that even as a full back.

we need to bring in at least 2 players, not to make the team better, but just to give us options from the bench.

otherwise its relying on fraser, murphy, longstaff, anderson or wood to come on and change the game :o

Edited by huss9

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You’ve failed to answer my crucial second point. The examples you give both had had 2 or more clubs very keen on signing them.

If Maddison is worth £60m then someone will pay it but so far no one has shown any interest in him at any price except us.

Players are no different to houses and only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them.

Who was after Richarlison at £55m+?

Clubs still use similar transfers as barometers. There was no chance Leicester would sell JM for anything significantly less than the Raphinha fee in this window.

And again - if you read decent sources - Leicester want atleast £50m which is a fair fee when you look at the market.

Using your own logic. You wouldn't sell your house for significantly less than your neighbours when you know your house is just as big, in good condition etc. Unless it's a desperate fire sale.

I don't think Leicester are at a fire sale. They'll sell Fofana for at least £70m and I reckon Man Utd or someone grabs Tielemans for £20-35m

Edited by The College Dropout

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Clubs still use similar transfers as barometers. There was no chance Leicester would sell JM for anything significantly less than the Raphinha fee in this window.

And again - if you read decent sources - Leicester want atleast £50m which is a fair fee when you look at the market.

Using your own logic. You wouldn't sell your house for significantly less than your neighbours when you know your house is just as big, in good condition etc. Unless it's a desperate fire sale.

I don't think Leicester are at a fire sale. They'll sell Fofana for at least £70m and I reckon Man Utd or someone grabs Tielemans for £20-35m

We might still go back in for Maddison at £50m. Maybe we are doing the same as Man U with Tielemans and waiting until late in the window to make our move.

26 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I really don't think so like. He can easily play as an inverted RW and there are obviously countless examples of successful ones. Even then, our wingers often switch and Harrison is very good with both feet. 

We see this all the time in football now, and most wingers can play both sides because of it.

Always surprises and confuses me when people think it will be this big change a winger playing on a different side as an inverted winger.

As you've said Harrison is especially adept because he is very two footed. And looking at his career numbers he has played loads on the right.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-harrison/leistungsdaten/spieler/417346/plus/0?saison=ges

image.png.df04d0efced1312eca09676c8d8be0b9.png

Edited by KaKa

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I'm a massive fan of Gallagher, but I'd hope there would be an option to purchase in there. I hate the idea of keeping players warm for rival clubs.

I’d normally agree, however at this point I’d argue getting in a couple of quality players whichever way we can is more important. 

22 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

There was a lot of interest in Richarlison including ourselves but it was the player Spurs wanted so they paid the sellers price. Just like buying a house. Others looked and didn’t think he was worth it or weren’t as desperate to get him. Just like a house.

The point I was replying to was Maddison’s market value was £60m to which it has been proved so far it isn’t as no one other than ourselves have shown an interest any higher than an official £40m bid by ourselves followed up by £42m bid approx left on the table most likely. Just like buying a house.

Those within the game seem to think Leicester are needing sell. It’s just a case of is it Fofana to Chelsea or similar stature or they may be forced to take our offer for Maddison as it’s the only show in town for him. 

Until Fofana leaves and alleviates Leicester’s possible cash flow problems or someone bids higher than £42m for Maddison all NUFC need to do is sit tight for 2wks and see if they get the player that they like (but not desperate for) at the price they value him at. Just like a house 🙂

Just now, Rich said:

CM target pool: Maddison, Gallagher

RW target pool: Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Harrison, Barnes

ST target pool: Isak, Ramos, Broja, Dieng

Who am I missing?

Well, I’d love to add Osimhen to ST pool. Maybe Gouiri too (was linked and more realistic). Wingers, maybe Danjuma? 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Well, I’d love to add Osimhen to ST pool. Maybe Gouiri too (was linked and more realistic). Wingers, maybe Danjuma? 

We haven’t really been seriously linked with any of them tho