Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, gdm said:

I’ll be willing to give this kid a go but it absolutely can’t be the only player we bring in surely 

It suggests we are juggling between a few options.

I reckon it wasn't a "bid" but more us sounding out another potential players price.

13 minutes ago, gdm said:

Does this theory only apply to the people that don’t like him? :lol: how many times have the people raving about him watched him play? Probably much the same. 

The difference is that the people that like the possible signing are basing it off his potential from the scouting reports on him, and the opinion of the Watford fans. They're hardly saying he is going to guarantee goals and be amazing. It's a fair assessment that gives him a chance to come in and show us what he can do.

However writing him off and calling him Chris Wood or whatever other nonsense that has been posted is based on what exactly? That is ridiculous, but sadly typical of a few on here. It's embarrassing really.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

I am getting fed up of us going for players that clubs are unwilling to sell like. This appears to have happened literally just after they flogged Dennis.

Every player is for sale, it’s us not matching the asking price that means deals don’t get done.

Strange that we seemingly went up to €35 million with Ekitike and are rumoured to be consider a similar bid for Ramos, but we open £10 million light here. Given it was allegedly last week, I wonder if it was a test the waters bid before we made our move.

Would be happy with him and Pulisic or CHO on loan. Can't see it happening though, seems like another lowball offer. Ramos and either Pulisic or CHO would be for the best for this place given the incessant arguing and shit takes. 

He’s a player I would say has a high ceiling. He has the ability to play across the front, on his own, with a striker or behind a striker as a link, and would naturally learn from Wilson. 

Strikes me as a player who needs stability at his young age, how many managers has he been through in his time there? Lot of potential to be tapped into and I would like to see what Howe can get out of him as he is raw, but very capable. 

Just now, KaKa said:

The difference is that the people that like the possible signing are basing it off his potential from the scouting reports on him, and the opinion of the Watford fans. They're hardly saying he is going to guarantee goals and be amazing. It's a fair assessment that gives him a chance to come in and show us what he can do.

However writing him off and calling him Chris Wood or whatever other nonsense that has been posted is based on what exactly? That is ridiculous, but sadly typical of a few on here. It's embarrassing really.

I don’t think I said he was Chris wood I said he couldn’t score like Chris wood. I was comparing their goal stats. So it was based on statistics and I did say in fairness the kid was young. 

mate we get it you love FBref. (Only kidding :lol: )

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Always liked you Flip.

:lol:

I mean, I think he's an excellent young player who is only getting better. Has a bright future if he can develop. In the same mould but more talented than Richarlison that has made a name of himself in the PL. I also believe where we are, is a great fit for him. Won't start week in week out, but will get games consistently and I'm confident he'd end up improving us both short-, mid- and long-term. 

Says a lot when Watford fans who watch him week in week out are really afraid to lose him. 

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I am getting fed up of us going for players that clubs are unwilling to sell like. This appears to have happened literally just after they flogged Dennis.

I didn't realise Dennis had completed his move. In light of that our bid seems a bit TARDY.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Personally I find overly negative hyperbole more offensive.

That's what forums are for. Whether you like an opinion or not.

People are entitled to their opinions. And those that have articulated that have done so on a reasonable basis insofar as they've seen the guy play at some stage last season.

Personally I think bidding for him after they've just sold Dennis is amateurish.

If he is indeed a target, we'd have known all summer that Dennis and Sarr were both likely to be sold so why not go in earlier? Dennis is gone now and Sarr will likely follow.

I'm not sure any team in world football would sell all of their first choice front 3 in the same window.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

What's embarrassing is belonging to a forum community and then admonishing others for not sharing your views. 

Just now, toon25 said:

That's what forums are for. Whether you like an opinion or not.

People are entitled to their opinions. And those that have articulated that have done so on a reasonable basis insofar as they've seen the guy play at some stage last season.

Free speech dictates that while you are allowed to be overly negative, other posters are allowed to be condescending. You can't have it both ways.

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

Personally I think bidding for him after they've just sold Dennis is amateurish.

If he is indeed a target, we'd have known all summer that Dennis and Sarr were both likely to be sold so why not go in earlier? Dennis is gone now and Sarr will likely follow.

I'm not sure any team in world football would sell all of their first choice front 3 in the same window.

What it suggests is he was way down our list. It suggests Ramos discussions have probably stalled and we’ve moved on to JP. 

19 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Why wait until Watford have just sold an attacker to make this bid, means they either won't sell or will demand silly money.

It's almost as if we don't really want our bids accepted.....

Maybe they were always planning on selling Dennis because they rated this lad's potential higher?

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Sky are saying the bid went in last week so before Dennis was sold.

Not like this forum to jump to a dramatic conclusion though.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Free speech dictates that while you are allowed to be overly negative, other posters are allowed to be condescending. You can't have it both ways.

Ay? What on earth has free speech got to do with it.

Bottom line. Some peoe think he's a good signing, others don't. That doesn't mean they're WUMs does it? Come on STM.

9 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Unlike us to bid for a player a team doesn’t want to sell.

Mentioned this earlier but he’s actually pretty decent.  Don’t see them selling though unless it’s a silly bid.

Generally the good players are hard to prise away precisely because they are good. Why would they want to sell unless it's a silly bid?

Just now, bowlingcrofty said:

Sky are saying the bid went in last week so before Dennis was sold.

Not like this forum to jump to a dramatic conclusion though.

Forest agreed a fee for Dennis a while back.

Not like this forum to defend the club at all costs because those that are even remotely critical are deemed ungrateful bedwetters.

22 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Why wait until Watford have just sold an attacker to make this bid, means they either won't sell or will demand silly money.

It's almost as if we don't really want our bids accepted.....

It’s because he wasn’t out top targets for that position. We tried for Ekitike, Broja & Ramos. We didn’t purposely wait he just wasn’t a top priority 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

I don’t think I said he was Chris wood I said he couldn’t score like Chris wood. I was comparing their goal stats. So it was based on statistics and I did say in fairness the kid was young. 

mate we get it you love FBref. (Only kidding :lol: )

The thing about Chris Wood that really annoys me is actually his build up play, because it kills off so many potential moves.

Joao Pedro's link up play and ability on the ball seem very highly rated, it's important we have another striker that can bring those attributes first and foremost.

As far as goals go, he seems technically gifted and has far better speed and mobility at the very least than Chris Wood. I cannot imagine him not looking better in our team as a goal scorer with a better setup and players around him, and he'll have a ton of room to grow further. He's unlikely to look as far off the pace as Wood has for us.