Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Forest agreed a fee for Dennis a while back.

Not like this forum to defend the club at all costs because those that are even remotely critical are deemed ungrateful bedwetters.

Where did I defend the club ‘at all costs’? :lol:

Just now, toon25 said:

Ay? What on earth has free speech got to do with it.

Bottom line. Some peoe think he's a good signing, others don't. That doesn't mean they're WUMs does it? Come on STM.

Second coming off Chris Wood though? It's perfectly normal that if someone makes this remark they will get called out.

Underwhelming, OK, I don't agree but OK.

When someone says "they are shite", without thought, without reason, without explaining their viewpoint, they are going to look ill-informed and reactionary.

If I viewpoint is brought with some evidence, some calmness and put across in a correct manner, it will be recieved alot better.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The thing about Chris Wood that really annoys me is actually his build up play, because it kills off so many potential moves.

Joao Pedro's link up play and ability on the ball seem very highly rated, it's important we have another striker that can bring those attributes first and foremost.

As far as goals go, he seems technically gifted and has far better speed and mobility at the very least than Chris Wood. I cannot imagine him not looking better in our team as a goal scorer with a better setup and players around him, and he'll have a ton of room to grow further. He's unlikely to look as far off the pace as Wood has for us.

Chris Wood offers less than Shola did in his last years here. I thought he was supposed to be a good target man, but he's just a big presence inside the box. Rest of the pitch he doesn't offer much imo. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

The thing about Chris Wood that really annoys me is actually his build up play, because it kills off so many potential moves.

Joao Pedro's link up play and ability on the ball seem very highly rated, it's important we have another striker that can bring those attributes first and foremost.

As far as goals go, he seems technically gifted and has far better speed and mobility at the very least than Chris Wood. I cannot imagine him not looking better in our team as a goal scorer with a better setup and players around him, and he'll have a ton of room to grow further. He's unlikely to look as far off the pace as Wood has for us.

I mean for as poor as his goal stats are he just can’t look as bad as wood so from that stand point the comparisons are ridiculous. I’d just like a prospect that can show he can score even in the championship.

I’ll obviously give him a chance but our budget will be more than halved so would need to be a hell of a loan signing on the wing/midfield 

9 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Personally I think bidding for him after they've just sold Dennis is amateurish.

If he is indeed a target, we'd have known all summer that Dennis and Sarr were both likely to be sold so why not go in earlier? Dennis is gone now and Sarr will likely follow.

I'm not sure any team in world football would sell all of their first choice front 3 in the same window.

So maybe trying to get in before they sell Sarr? 

43 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He's 20 and would improve, as has every player at the club since Howe has come in. We need someone who can be second to Wilson then come in once he gets injured PLUS a wide player who can provide those said goals and assists from wide areas which likely will be a player from Chelsea on loan going off the media.

Every player that was already at the club has improved by virtue of the huge improvement on Bruce. Jury's still out on whether he has improved any of his signings.

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

Where did I jump to a "dramatic conclusion"?

Forest agreed a fee for Dennis on Thursday so we likely bid after that given our bid reportedly went in at the end of last week.

You literally haven’t answered my question. I’m not sure if you’ve quoted the right post here or you’re just plain stupid. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Or maybe, God forbid we've been slow off the mark.

again, I don’t think it’s a case of being slow. They are going thru a list of targets. You don’t jump to 4th or 5th on the list incase that club happens so sell another forward. We probably hoped for Sesko or Ramos and it’s not happened so down the list we go 

Edited by gdm

Just now, bowlingcrofty said:

You literally haven’t answered my question. I’m not sure if you’ve quoted the right post here or you’re just plain stupid. :lol: 

You basically implied the club couldn't be amateurish and it was instead people jumping to conclusions. So in effect you were defending the club but probably just too stupid to realise 😀

12 minutes ago, toon25 said:

What's embarrassing is belonging to a forum community and then admonishing others for not sharing your views. 

You compared this link to Forest signing Aouar and claimed something must be wrong at the club. That is ridiculous man :lol:

This is a young back up striker, so what does one have to do with the other exactly? I thought it was a silly, worst outlook possible reaction.

11 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Personally I think bidding for him after they've just sold Dennis is amateurish.

If he is indeed a target, we'd have known all summer that Dennis and Sarr were both likely to be sold so why not go in earlier? Dennis is gone now and Sarr will likely follow.

I'm not sure any team in world football would sell all of their first choice front 3 in the same window.

I believe because we are looking to add three additional players one of which will be on loan, a midfielder, a winger, and a centre forward. Chelsea happen to have all of what we are looking for, not that, but are willing to loan them as well. So we are waiting to see what we can get from Chelsea for now, that is what I think is happening.