Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, r0cafella said:

Which is interesting, and also makes Joe Wilocks position questionable. 

Think this was always the case, tbh. Joelinton and Bruno are nailed-on, and Shelvey was probably ahead of Willock before his injury.

Just now, Rich said:

Think this was always the case, tbh. Joelinton and Bruno are nailed-on, and Shelvey was probably ahead of Willock before his injury.

Think we could recoup our money on him? Obviously he wouldn’t be shifted this summer but next summer. 

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Re: Martin Hardy in The Times saying a move for Gallagher is "progressing". Based on everything I've read about / listened to on Chelsea lately, they aren't willing to loan him out again unless it's a deal with a guaranteed purchase at the end of it. Assume that's what we'll be working on, if true.

He’d be a perfect “Howe” style player and would complement Bruno and Joelinton superbly imo.

If we got him in then we’d have some real strength in depth in CM.

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Think we could recoup our money on him? Obviously he wouldn’t be shifted this summer but next summer. 

Nah, still think he has a big role to play. Along with Miggy, he's always been the biggest weakness on the "strongest XI" teamsheet for this year, though.

Just now, Rich said:

Nah, still think he has a big role to play. Along with Miggy, he's always been the biggest weakness on the "strongest XI" teamsheet for this year, though.

Massive hypothetical I know, thanks for sharing your thoughts :thup:

31 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Most reports are saying we will sign 2 more max, Howe himself has said 1/2 more in if possible. Think people will be disappointed if they expect any more than that.

Things can obviously happen simultaneously, but I'm resigned to one more, right now. Any more than that is a bonus.

15 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

When we signed him, I think he would have been disappointed to be back-up/supersub, but I think that should be his level this season.

25 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

He'd be a good option off the bench anyway, why would we need to sell him? He's only 23 anyway isn't he? Could still develop into a very good midfielder.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

He'd be a good option off the bench anyway, why would we need to sell him? He's only 23 anyway isn't he? Could still develop into a very good midfielder.

My thinking is he wouldn’t be satisfied sitting on the bench, especially at this stage of his career. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

My thinking is he wouldn’t be satisfied sitting on the bench, especially at this stage of his career. 

Where else is he going to go? He'd have to have a good season to drum up any interest, and if he does, his value goes up, and then he'd probably want to stay anyway.

1 hour ago, bowlingcrofty said:

He’d be a perfect “Howe” style player and would complement Bruno and Joelinton superbly imo.

If we got him in then we’d have some real strength in depth in CM.

Each of their areas of strength mesh really nicely. Bruno's ball playing ability, Joelinton's drive and Gallagher's goals. Lovely balance.

Edited by KaKa

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Each of their areas of strength mesh really nicely. Bruno's ball playing ability, Joelinton's drive and Gallagher's goals. Lovely balance.

Agree that on paper it looks well balanced. Gallagher is a real grafter too.

Feel a bit for Willock but he's shown very little attacking instinct since his scoring run - we need that from midfield. Most of his good work since has come box-to-box.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, KDT said:

Willock would be able to do a job on the right of a front 3 (as in the later part of last season) if we had another CM/Shelvey was fit.

You would think he would offer more than Murphy does.

6 minutes ago, KDT said:

Willock would be able to do a job on the right of a front 3 (as in the later part of last season) if we had another CM/Shelvey was fit.

Don't remember him playing in the front 3 for us at all last season. Unless I'm reading your post wrong

10 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Agree that on paper it looks well balanced. Gallagher is a real grafter too.

Feel a bit for Willock but he's shown very little attacking instinct since his scoring run - we need that from midfield. Most of his good work since has come box-to-box.

Yes, they're all grafters so it would be a real nuisance for opposing teams when we're defending.

Willock's time will come. Just doesn't seem quite ready to be a consistent goal threat from that position week in and week out. 

Gallagher really showed that ability last season and did so in a variety of ways, scoring from both inside and outside of the box as he has a great shot on him. We really need one of those midfielders to be a goal getter. Willock can rotate into the team in that same role as he continues to develop more consistency with it.

Edited by KaKa