Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hopefully just speculation, he’s the exact type of player we should avoid signing.

It’s neither, more wishful thinking on my part anyway, if we are struggling to bring in anyone half decent in that area before the window shuts.

6 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Barkley is a major talent and if somehow someone could get him to play to his best, he'd be our best midfielder by far.

That's such a big if though. Something has gone seriously wrong with his career, but if anyone can, Eddie can. (new catchphrase, possibly)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are telling me he’d be better than Bruno by far? 29 years old in December and still considered a talent. gtfo

Barkley is 28, been at Chelsea for four years, and been shite for the vast majority of that time. To say he would be our best midfielder if he hit his dizzying heights of four/five years ago is pretty fanciful, to say the least. We have neither the time, nor the necessity to try and rebuild shattered careers. As with Dele Alli, I hope we stay well away. 

Barkley would be a bad move on any kind of deal.  He was a prospect, but he never made good on his potential and it's what 5/6 years (longer?) since he turned in any consistent performances. People forget he was out of favour at Everton before he joined Chelsea.  It also would send the wrong messages to players like Anderson.

He's a scouse Jack Wiltshire basically.

1 minute ago, Flip said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are telling me he’d be better than Bruno by far? 29 years old in December and still considered a talent. gtfo

Given you just posted "Willock doesn't seem to care" then praised Miggy and Fraser I'd say you started it. 

With the bollox, I mean [emoji38]

Ross Barkley has played for England at every age category, including 33 caps for the senior team. People are quick to jump on these things and claim he's shite because he hasn't played regularly for Chelsea. Utter bollocks! He's never been shite and probably isn't shite now. What teams need to know is does he still have the ambition and hunger he used to have. If he does, he'd be a decent signing.  

Got to be one of 3 for Tielmans.

Newcastle 

Liverpool

Aresnal

You'd imagine he'd choose either of them over us what with them both having European football and probably going straight into Liverpools team due to injuries they have.

4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Given you just posted "Willock doesn't seem to care" then praised Miggy and Fraser I'd say you started it. 

With the bollox, I mean [emoji38]

Yeah don’t see how that is bollocks. You can disagree if you want to, (plenty on here will agree with that) but enlighten me as to why. I’m not a big fan of stastical sites and for me he doesn’t pass the eye test. However, if we would take sofascore as an example he’s been our worst performer from midfield and attack in 3 out of 4 PL matches this season. And I wasn’t praising the other two prr se. They’re very limited both of them, but as of today I have more faith in both than Willock.

1 minute ago, Flip said:

Tielemans would be a ridiculously good signing btw. 

Absolutely. 

Good injury record and at 25 he is right at the start of what should be his peak years. One for now certainly but has enough quality to be here for many future seasons also.

Just now, Aiston said:

No chance Leicester sell us Tielemans.

Contract expires next year no? Clearly doesn’t want to be there. Better take the highest bidder today or tomorrow and buy someone else than lose him for almost nothing in January/June.