Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

18 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Honestly I think we could get by with what we have for rest of season.

It’s gonna be a catch 22, don’t strengthen and we miss out on top 4 it’ll be woulda shoulda coulda.. invest and then people will say we’ve diminished our summer plans or that we probably would have done it either way.

I think the fastest route to beat the FFP thing is to get CL money in as soon as we can, and for that reason I think we spend. But where?

It’s hard to even nail down an area that we’re weak in because we haven’t been able to play our “strongest side” all season.

A CM as despite Longstaff and Willocks incredible form, they are never going to have the quality to take us to the next level.

A RW since Saint Max is always crocked.

On 30/12/2022 at 14:49, ToonScotman said:

I wonder what we will do regarding the keeper situation. Pope is at 30. Karius not going to be a 1st choice neither are the rest. Should we start looking at Bayern model of buying them relatively youngish give them a year experience then bring into the fold or sit on the bench ?

Pope could play until he's 40.

There is no situation in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

This thread’s going to have to do some heavy lifting until 15th Jan if we don’t get at least a point against Arsenal 

Not expecting anything especially with our record down there, but I do think we will give them a touch test. We bullied them up here so they will still be smarting from that I'd imagine.

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Craig Hope on his post match vldeo saying that he was given a surprise name that we’re apparently after today, but wouldn’t say who until he’s looked into it a bit more. Teasing fucker.

Ross Stewart? 🤔😂

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Depends what the aim is.

I would be surprised with the position we're in if it is not now getting CL. The revenue through sponsorship and commercial opportunities will not only increase quite significantly (compared to non CL qualification), but also will sail through any PL scrutiny.

We could easily spend 100m in the next month, play well, and still not finish in the top 4. I’m sure the owners would love to push some chips in, but it has to be weighed against that possibility so that we’re not stuck in the summer. 

Opportunities that arise that are essentially bringing summer deals forward seems like the only sensible option, but it then may be a quiet summer if we’re not in the CL.

We don't have the squad depth to get into UCL so we need to sign a lot of players.

No point in getting into champions league and it crippling us so we finish 9th next season. Best to build and get into Europa or conference league for starters. A tournament where you can play younguns or second string and if you have a good run so be it.

10 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

We could easily spend 100m in the next month, play well, and still not finish in the top 4. I’m sure the owners would love to push some chips in, but it has to be weighed against that possibility so that we’re not stuck in the summer. 

Opportunities that arise that are essentially bringing summer deals forward seems like the only sensible option, but it then may be a quiet summer if we’re not in the CL.

That depends on our league finish among other things, if we do finish in CL for arguments sake then that opens more revenue and allows us to charge more for shirt sponsorship etc. This gives us that little more wiggle room with ffp and targets will be more attached to us because of our bigger league finish and CL

1 hour ago, PeepShow4life said:

Not that City have taken Perrone, I wonder if we will eventually try for Phillips.

54 minutes ago, Slim said:

Nope

I actually saw a media piece this morning (struggling to find it again now) about us going back in for him (maybe in the summer?). Can’t see Man City selling though, or him even wanting to move so soon again? 

Philips is currently being Pep’d.

He was used to a certain standard at Leeds and now is having to adapt to Man City’s higher level. Grealish had the same last season. Philips will either emerge a much better player or if he fails to make the grade be cast off.

12 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I actually saw a media piece this morning (struggling to find it again now) about us going back in for him (maybe in the summer?). Can’t see Man City selling though, or him even wanting to move so soon again? 

I also saw a media piece a few days back saying City aren’t expecting Perrone to do anything just yet - he’s for the future to replace players going on. If this is true then City won’t be in a rush to sell just yet.