Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

How much do people realistically expect Tielemans to go for ?

With his contract being up in the Summer I honestly don't see how it can be more than £15m at the absolute most. Wouldn't be shocked if it were £10m. It's that or he walks for nothing in the Summer.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

With his contract being up in the Summer I honestly don't see how it can be more than £15m at the absolute most. Wouldn't be shocked if it were £10m. It's that or he walks for nothing in the Summer.

But he’s also integral to the Leicester team and they would lose massively by selling him this window without getting the most they can for him towards replacements. I reckon around £20m (18-22 kinda range). 

20 minutes ago, loki679 said:

It's not a case of not rating Tielemans, he's clearly a very good player.  Personally, it's more that I think Kone would be a better fit for us and has a higher ceiling, same for Thuram.

The trap you are falling into here is the presumption that Tielemans would end our want for more midfielders. This isn't MAs NUFC anymore.

Reckon he would be Shelveys long term replacement. We would still very much in the market for someone further up the field.

15m would be incredibly smart business and virtually risk free.

21 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

One caveat I'd also add to Tielemans. He may be deliberately waiting out his contract. If he is available on a free in the Summer it likely means a big signing on bonus for him.

I agree with this, I can’t see Tielemans accepting a move in Jan, when he can get a mega signing on fee and slightly higher wages if he waits till the summer. 

43 minutes ago, STM said:

Here:

Bruno

Maddison                  Willock

Or here:

Maddison                     Joelinton

Wilson

Or here: 

Miggy                             Maddison

Wilson

Or here:

Bruno

Longstaff                   Maddison

Maddison is a versatile attacking player, who could fit in anywhere. Quite useful when you are about to start playing 2 games a week.

I thought Maddison was a number 10, no idea he could play in midfield of a 3. We'll see, nice problems to have. 

i am a bit sus of Tielemans but he has scored some crazy goals and been huge in past so will trust in our team if that is true (not sure it is, and not sure leicester would entertain strengthening us so much) but say it happens it does give us some exciting options

so against a team we should beat we can field (assuming we keep with 4-3-3 which is fine by me)

ASM      Wilson/Isak     Miggy

Maddison

Tielemans    Bruno 

or

Maddison  Wilson/Isak  Miggy

Bruno

Joelinton    Tielemans

against a difficult team we need to do some containing

Big Joe       Wilson/Isak     Miggy

Maddison 

Tielemans   Bruno

Suddenly there are a lot of options basically would be exciting, equally if Isak is an option on right as well gives us chance to rotate out Miggy but that assumes Isak ever isn't injured

Edited by Tiresias

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

I honestly don’t think Leicester will sell - they played hard ball with Maddison and tielemans last window and kept them. With this window being harder to replace them and Leicester somewhat struggling I think they’ll keep them and take the financial hit to ensure staying up and a higher league finish.

44 minutes ago, STM said:

Not EVERY player is entirely focused on money mind. I suspect some of his previous suitors have disappeared.

I don’t - people know he’s a class act, wanted to go in the summer and is essentially counting the days now for a move. Still think this has arsenal in the summer written all over it.

Tielemans is a perfect replacement for Shelvey. He's younger, fitter, faster, better all round player and less of a liability. If you can get him for £20m or so it would be a great move.

He is playing like he wants out, which is obviously what he wants, but Shelvey played like a total cunt before Howe arrived, the starting base is hugely different.

Edited by Dokko

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Tielemans is class. 

As is Maddison. But where does Maddison fit into our XI? 

When remembering when Bruno missed 3 games this season we got a defeat and 2 draws. I’d welcome Maddison so much personally.

If we look something like this after Jan 31st I will be extremely happy:

GK - Pope/Darlow/Karius

RB - Trippier/Ashby

RCB - Schar/Lascelles (address in summer)

LCB - Botman/Burn

LB - Targett/Lewis (BDB here forever)

DM - Shelvey/Tielemans (Bruno & Tielemans maybe switched)

RCM - Bruno/Longstaff

LCM - Joelinton/Willock/Anderson

LW - Maxi/Thuram

ST - Isak/Wilson/Wood (Isak, like a new signing)

RW - Almiron/Murphy (address in summer with Murphy leaving pls)

To go/leave out: Fraser, Ritchie, Dummett, Gillespie

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

LB - Targett/Lewis (BDB here forever)

Have a feeling this will also be addressed in the Summer. Feel like Howe will want a better out and out LB long term. Only knock against us I can really think of at the moment is (with ASM not playing) teams know to expect 90% of our danger to come from the right hand side with Miggy and Trippier.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Have a feeling this will also be addressed in the Summer. Feel like Howe will want a better out and out LB long term. Only knock against us I can really think of at the moment is (with ASM not playing) teams know to expect 90% of our danger to come from the right hand side with Miggy and Trippier.

This is a concern / thought of mine as well. Our left does need more attack in it for me.  

23 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

When remembering when Bruno missed 3 games this season we got a defeat and 2 draws. I’d welcome Maddison so much personally.

Aye I know. I'm not against signing him, most definitely not. I really hope we do get him. I just thought Maddison was a number 10 (which we don't play). Hence why I was asking where he'd fit into our XI

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Aye I know. I'm not against signing him, most definitely not. I really hope we do get him. I just thought Maddison was a number 10 (which we don't play). Hence why I was asking where he'd fit into our XI

I feel you make it work for Madison and Howe will, did you ever have joelington pegged to play where he does now for instance?

If Leicester are going to achieve nothing this season (looking likely) then Tielemans may well look at a move in January being better than waiting till the summer. He'll get more chance of winning games and finishing higher up the table with us than he will with Leicester.

Maybe he wants to wait it out till the Summer but do Leicester want him to wait it out till the summer, they do still have some say about this. If they accept an offer from anyone for him that could easily sway him into moving now rather than waiting. 

I have a feeling that there's more chance we'll sign Maximo Perrone than Tielemans. I just get the feeling Tielemans is running down his contract and will then move to the club of his choice, which might not necessarily be us.

Perrone rumours have been rumbling for a while now, he seems to fit our bill of buying young up and coming stars, and maybe he will suit our pressing style more. Although if Eddie wants Tielemans then he obviously thinks he can do all that as well. Although we don't actually know that we are definitely looking at Tielemans at this point, it's all conjecture.