Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Still think we may try for Gallagher at Chelsea again.

Not convinced he’d be a great short term signing, long term possibly but if we sign anyone this window I want them to be someone who makes a big difference to us finishing top 4

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I can’t remember- did we go for him before, or was it just fan speculation? 

Supposedly became our number one target at the end of the summer window, that was according to Edwards and Douglas I think.

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not convinced he’d be a great short term signing, long term possibly but if we sign anyone this window I want them to be someone who makes a big difference to us finishing top 4

I think he could offer us something similar to Longstaff with better end product. That would greatly help the top 4 push. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I think he could offer us something similar to Longstaff with better end product. That would greatly help the top 4 push. 

Agreed that his end product would be better but he has to come, bed in, work in our system and do all the pressing and defensive work Longstaff does. He’s definitely not a bad option but I think if we go for someone they have to be top tier 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Agreed that his end product would be better but he has to come, bed in, work in our system and do all the pressing and defensive work Longstaff does. He’s definitely not a bad option but I think if we go for someone they have to be top tier 

I think he can do all the pressing and defensive work Longstaff does - minus winning headers. At least, he has the physical capacity for it. 

39 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He’s built for pressing, arguably his biggest strength 

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

Wonder if we'd have gone for Brennan Johnson if Forest hadn't got promotion? Howe would do wonders with him. Looks a really good player.

Yep said that a few times, lots of talent, pace and ability, needs coaching and help with decision making

Don't really know what players we're able to get and not right now, but if I could choose two I thought maybe would be semi-realistic albeit expensive, I'd go for Amrabat & Mudryk to increase our chances of remaining within the top 4.

18 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Don't really know what players we're able to get and not right now, but if I could choose two I thought maybe would be semi-realistic albeit expensive, I'd go for Amrabat & Mudryk to increase our chances of remaining within the top 4.

Mudryk is an Arsenal player 

2 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Mudryk is an Arsenal player 

IF they pay what his club are demanding. They’ll probably get it sorted, but the valuations are quite far apart at the moment I think? 

Edited by Manxst

9 hours ago, Gazzaschicken said:

We don't have the squad depth to get into UCL so we need to sign a lot of players.

No point in getting into champions league and it crippling us so we finish 9th next season. Best to build and get into Europa or conference league for starters. A tournament where you can play younguns or second string and if you have a good run so be it.

I’m so glad the club doesn’t have this mindset. 

15 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I’d be happy with Gallagher and he’ll definitely be available if Enzo Fernandez signs this window.

Would they entertain selling to a direct rival??