Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Caicedo, Kone, Thuram or Alvarez are listed in the article.

If I remember the Alvarez links were quite strong in the summer, then Chelsea came along. If they sign Enzo, can’t seem them going for Alvarez also. Could be one to watch. 

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Kone would be my pick too, does also say in the article Howe wants somebody with PL experience if possible

Tielmans most likely then, no chance we go near Brightons price tag for Caicedo in this window 

He's not as good as Bruno but we saw the drop those 2-3 games we missed him early in the season. He would massively lessen that gap in quality when he's out by still giving us that creative outlet, and would be able to be a starter alongside him too.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Still not sold on Tielemans as I've mentioned. I know he's only 25 and should be in his prime but I've got a feeling he's peaked and is on the way down now. I'm not saying he's shit or couldn't contribute but I think he'll only get worse from here. He's got 'old legs' as I call it. Broke onto the scene so young that his age doesn't really correlate with the games he's played - this is his 11th full season and I'd be wary about throwing big money at him. Not saying he wouldn't be good for a few years but I'd be looking elsewhere

1 minute ago, midds said:

Still not sold on Tielemans as I've mentioned. I know he's only 25 and should be in his prime but I've got a feeling he's peaked and is on the way down now. I'm not saying he's shit or couldn't contribute but I think he'll only get worse from here. He's got 'old legs' as I call it. Broke onto the scene so young that his age doesn't really correlate with the games he's played - this is his 11th full season and I'd be wary about throwing big money at him. Not saying he wouldn't be good for a few years but I'd be looking elsewhere

I kind of agree, but I’m trying to imagine him under Howe. it’s almost a guarantee that he’ll improve his overall game, fitness level, and work rate.

4 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Ekiteke scoring tonight I see.

If there was a straight choice between Caicedo and Tielemens, I'd go with the Brighton man every time.

I'm not convinced at YT at all tbh.

To be fair one would cost at the most 30 million and the other probably 70 to 80 million 

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

He'd massively improve our squad for what most likely is a very reasonable price. An absolute no brainer.

It's probably just a coincidence but, whenever I've watched him (granted not every game) he's not seemed to have the influence in the last 18 months compared to when he first signed for Leicester but I can see, him on form, would be a big leap on Longstaff.

1 minute ago, Toonjam88 said:

To be fair one would cost at the most 30 million and the other probably 70 to 80 million 

Oh yeah, no disputing that, but I'd guess they might be closer value-wise if they had similar contract terms remaining.