Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

26 minutes ago, Rich said:

Been waiting for this one.

He would be immense as the left-sided CM and also can cover all forward positions too.

Seems right in our sweet spot in terms of age, league, price, and international reputation.

Hope we are all over this. I know there are plenty of duds that were signed for too much money, after a few quality WC games. But I loved watching him for Ghana. 

50 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Longstaff before Willock, surely? 

Both are prime candidates to be upgraded. Ironically both are doing a decent job for the side currently, but they lack polish. I would regard both as assets bearing in mind their age, but if we are gunning for CL positions then we need top quality to match the top 4 in those areas.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Both are prime candidates to be upgraded. Ironically both are doing a decent job for the side currently, but they lack polish. I would regard both as assets bearing in mind their age, but if we are gunning for CL positions then we need top quality to match the top 4 in those areas.

Agree, both are doing well and if we're going to be a European team next season they'll play loads without necessarily being in the first XI

Honestly I think we could get by with what we have for rest of season.

It’s gonna be a catch 22, don’t strengthen and we miss out on top 4 it’ll be woulda shoulda coulda.. invest and then people will say we’ve diminished our summer plans or that we probably would have done it either way.

I think the fastest route to beat the FFP thing is to get CL money in as soon as we can, and for that reason I think we spend. But where?

It’s hard to even nail down an area that we’re weak in because we haven’t been able to play our “strongest side” all season.

Funnily enough being where we are the table has probably derailed the initial layout we had planned for this window, not necessarily a bad thing but as we are looking way ahead of schedule the slow build over multiple windows to prepare the squad for a European campaign is going to have to be adjusted now. 

FFP is one thing but keeping the structure and balance of the squad right is as important. It’s going to be interesting to see what approach is taken, we definitely wont go signing a massive amount of players as that’s not Howes way but if we sign 1 first teamer in Jan and 2 more in the summer is that going to make the level of squad depth acceptable enough for a CL/Europa push? We know how teams can struggle after a top 6 finish with the extra games on their schedule the season after, it takes a toll on a squad and with the very high output style we play under Howe we will likely need to adjust and adapt tactically along with signing whatever number is deemed necessary to cope.

Edited by Nine

15 minutes ago, Nine said:

Funnily enough being where we are the table has probably derailed the initial layout we had planned for this window, not necessarily a bad thing but as we are looking way ahead of schedule the slow build over multiple windows to prepare the squad for a European campaign is going to have to be adjusted now. 

FFP is one thing but keeping the structure and balance of the squad right is as important. It’s going to be interesting to see what approach is taken, we definitely wont go signing a massive amount of players as that’s not Howes way but if we sign 1 first teamer in Jan and 2 more in the summer is that going to make the level of squad depth acceptable enough for a CL/Europa push? We know how teams can struggle after a top 6 finish with the extra games on their schedule the season after, it takes a toll on a squad and with the very high output style we play under Howe we will likely need to adjust and adapt tactically along with signing whatever number is deemed necessary to cope.

Get 3 or 4 in January then same again in the summer.

6 minutes ago, King HTT III said:

I wouldn’t mind us going in for Aaron Wan-Bissaka, I know he’s lost his way a bit recently, but he has many good attributes and under Howe I’m sure he’d Improve massively. 

No wonder Logitech quit.

6 minutes ago, King HTT III said:

I wouldn’t mind us going in for Aaron Wan-Bissaka, I know he’s lost his way a bit recently, but he has many good attributes and under Howe I’m sure he’d Improve massively. 

You’d think they’d want to recoup some of their £50m if he was sold. For the money, I think we’d be better off elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, King HTT III said:

We need to be looking at a long-term replacement for Trippier, plus the more quality we have in squad depth the better.

I’d rather get someone that could become very good, instead someone expensive that hasn’t been good enough for his last 3 managers. Even if we were still shit I’d be wary of Man Utd cast-offs.

11 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’d rather get someone that could become very good, instead someone expensive that hasn’t been good enough for his last 3 managers. Even if we were still shit I’d be wary of Man Utd cast-offs.

Fair enough, I’d agree normally to be honest, I just think he has some good quality attributes and I’d trust Howe to get him back into the England squad for example. At the right price he’d be a decent signing IMO. He was good under Ole I’m sure, @Froggy?

Edited by King HTT III

I think this time next week Ashby will have been signed as our back up right back anyway. He didn't sign in the summer because West Ham pulled the plug at the last minute, and he's running his contract down. It feels inevitable.

Edited by Kimbo

15 minutes ago, King HTT III said:

Fair enough, I’d agree normally to be honest, I just think he has some good quality attributes and I’d trust Howe to get him back into the England squad for example. At the right price he’d be a decent signing IMO. He was good under Ole I’m sure, @Froggy?

Yes and no. In terms of tackling and blocks etc. there's no full back in the world that is better. But we get to see his tackling and blocks so much because his positional play is beyond woeful. He isn't good going forward and he's more one footed than Valencia was. 

He's a decent defensive full back if you're a side that comes under a lot of pressure. For where Newcastle are and where they want to be, he'd be a terrible signing IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Yes and no. In terms of tackling and blocks etc. there's no full back in the world that is better. But we get to see his tackling and blocks so much because his positional play is beyond woeful. He isn't good going forward and he's more one footed than Valencia was. 

He's a decent defensive full back if you're a side that comes under a lot of pressure. For where Newcastle are and where they want to be, he'd be a terrible signing IMO. 

I bow down to your obvious knowledge on him then, scratch that one off [emoji38]

5 hours ago, King HTT III said:

If he's not good enough for Man Utd then he's not good enough for us.