Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

What is our actual priority for a position just now ? I imagine possibly a left forward but if ASM can find his form that could be him, we have two class forwards to come in, personally I think Maddison would improve our squad but I'm not exactly sure who makes way for him.

Fantastic position to be in TBF.

17 hours ago, Mountain said:

A CM as despite Longstaff and Willocks incredible form, they are never going to have the quality to take us to the next level.

A RW since Saint Max is always crocked.

Saint Max never plays RW though.

I think we'll sign a forward who can play ST/RW/LW. Then a CM and a backup at RB(probably Harrison Ashby).

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

What is our actual priority for a position just now ? I imagine possibly a left forward but if ASM can find his form that could be him, we have two class forwards to come in, personally I think Maddison would improve our squad but I'm not exactly sure who makes way for him.

Fantastic position to be in TBF.

CM is priority, for me. As we only have one ball player now in Bruno and we only really have 4 senior players for 3 midfield positions. A lot of graft from

Longstaff, a lot of destroying from Joelinton, some great off and on the ball runs from Willock. Not a lot of quality. 

I think a wide forward type. Who could also cover CF if Wilson or Isak are out, is also required. 

6 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

CM is priority, for me. As we only have one ball player now in Bruno and we only really have 4 senior players for 3 midfield positions. A lot of graft from

Longstaff, a lot of destroying from Joelinton, some great off and on the ball runs from Willock. Not a lot of quality. 

I think a wide forward type. Who could also cover CF if Wilson or Isak are out, is also required. 

After yesterday I agree - need to be more ruthless

where teams sit back and waaaay too many shots skied yesterday where they had plenty of time.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d still be surprised if we make any major signings this month.

I think our standing and gunning for Europe may just make them rethink and back Eddie, CL is a massive incentive 

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

I think our standing and gunning for Europe may just make them rethink and back Eddie, CL is a massive incentive 

Fingers crossed, I just think it would have to be the perfect deal, and they rarely exist in January. Obviously we did well last jan with the Bruno one.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I don't think the plan, whatever thay may be, will alter too much from the start of the season. The owners seem very process driven.

Agreed on process driven but they’re also very good businessmen and that includes adapting to situations?

Us flying in third and having a genuine shout is a situation worth adapting to? Not gonna complain either way as they have a plan and it’s worked so far.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't think the plan, whatever thay may be, will alter too much from the start of the season. The owners seem very process driven.

The isak transfer in the summer suggests they may be willing to adapt any plans depending on a specific situation mind.

I’d sign Marcus Thuram and James Maddison. That’s us having another option at LW/CF/RW/CM in both of those players. With obv Maddison able to play first choice in midfield and potentially wide. 

:lol: Nevermind. 

Edited by Kanji

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Agreed on process driven but they’re also very good businessmen and that includes adapting to situations?

Us flying in third and having a genuine shout is a situation worth adapting to? Not gonna complain either way as they have a plan and it’s worked so far.

It'll depend on the FFP position along with what they have planned in the summer. Top four is a tall order regardless.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

The isak transfer in the summer suggests they may be willing to adapt any plans depending on a specific situation mind.

The above tweet also reflects that - statements like “no interest in the likes of Aston Villa or Newcastle” - the sooner we stop getting grouped with them then the easier to get targets over the line, CL will do that and they’ll be well aware of there things.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Of course, flexibility will be built into the process and there won't be a set budget as such. For example they may want Maddison in the summer for a knock down price, but if he suddenly became available now, they'd try and tie it up.

I think we'll recruit this month, but I don't think we'll go mad. At a guess, a first team midfielder and a couple of unproven young lads to cover full back and the forward positions. Then we'll go again in the summer.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It'll depend on the FFP position along with what they have planned in the summer. Top four is a tall order regardless.

It is but aim for the stars and all that - just because it’s a tall order we should still do everything we can to give it a shot (within reason)

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Of course, flexibility will be built into the process and there won't be a set budget as such. For example they may want Maddison in the summer for a knock down price, but if he suddenly became available now, they'd try and tie it up.

I think we'll recruit this month, but I don't think we'll go mad. At a guess, a first team midfielder and a couple of unproven young lads to cover full back and the forward positions. Then we'll go again in the summer.

I’d be more than happy with that outcome for this window.

I trust the process and the recruitment team. We exceeded expectations pre WC due to tremendous work ethic, team spirit and execution of incredibly meticulous tactical plan and credit to the lads and coaches. I think it’d be a missed opportunity to not shore up our current position as the rest of the top 7 will undoubtedly do so and have done so. The FFP thing is real, but there’s no way the PIF and ownership team can’t line up related party sponsors and/or legit 3rd party ones that won’t offset those in due course. 

9 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I’d sign Marcus Thuram and James Maddison. That’s us having another option at LW/CF/RW/CM in both of those players. With obv Maddison able to play first choice in midfield and potentially wide. 

:lol: Nevermind. 

You could in theory sign Maddison and Danjuma and have your combination of places?

I think any place in the team is open for upgrades except Bruno, Botman, Miggy Joelinton and Pope. For me an upgrade on longstaff, a proper left back, back up right back and a striker is what we need. 

Edited by Broadsword