Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

10 minutes ago, Broadsword said:

I think any place in the team is open for upgrades except Bruno, Botman, Miggy Joelinton and Pope. For me an upgrade on longstaff, a proper right back, back up left back and a striker is what we need. 

Harsh on Trippier.

If we lost Bruno or Botman our champions league dream goes down the pan, so CM and CB are key for me, Tielemans and Skriniar.

Keep Kuol here, he's gotta be as good or better than Murphy?

Edited by mighty__mag

Get Kone and Ashby it will be a great window. Remove any need to play Shelvey for 2 games and him getting an extended 12 month contract. We need to be ruthless with FFP and would imagine Shelvey’s on a canny whack. 

Edited by Whitley mag

54 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Such as Newcastle and Aston Villa. Cheeky fucker.

I really want a midfielder and a winger/forward for the first team in this window. I doubt Maddison will be sold until the summer, but I’m sure Tielemans would be possible. I’ve been very negative about him, but the argument that Howe made it work with Shelvey has won me round somewhat. It would be nice if there’s truth to that Matheus Franca rumour as well.

There isn't a position on the pitch that we couldn't feasibly improve our squad:

GK: Young goalkeeper to be groomed for the future

RB: Young back up to Trippier 

CB: Lascelles long term replacement

LB: Someone of real quality as an alternative to Burn, especially with Targett now injured. Even a loan

CM: Both a creative and defensive type are needed soon.

Wide player: Preferably someone versatile who could play both sides.

ST: Young long term Wood replacement.

I also think, if there is a player on their list who they can get now, as opposed to in the summer then they will fast forward their plans. 

Don't buy this FFP nonsense. There will be wriggle room for at least one quality player. Provided that they aren't above our value (value not budget).

Edited by STM

15 minutes ago, STM said:

There isn't a position on the pitch that we couldn't feasibly improve our squad:

GK: Young goalkeeper to be groomed for the future

RB: Young back up to Trippier 

CB: Lascelles long term replacement

LB: Someone of real quality as an alternative to Burn, especially with Targett now injured. Even a loan

CM: Both a creative and defensive type are needed soon.

Wide player: Preferably someone versatile who could play both sides.

ST: Young long term Wood replacement.

I also think, if there is a player on their list who they can get now, as opposed to in the summer then they will fast forward their plans. 

Don't buy this FFP nonsense. There will be wriggle room for at least one quality player. Provided that they aren't above our value (value not budget).

We signed Jude Smith in the summer, young GK so don’t think we would need another 

18 minutes ago, NWMag said:

We signed Jude Smith in the summer, young GK so don’t think we would need another 

I was thinking more along the lines of a 20m wonder kid from South America, who would be ready to be Pope's number 2.

51 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Seen another young Brazilia mentioned on Twitter the other day as someone we are actively looking at Victor Roque.

Chelsea unsurprisingly have also been heavily linked with him recently.

That Victor, he’s solid! 

If the owners and manager were to reasses our policy for this transfer window, they should probably consider that we're almost half way through the season and we are 3rd. Had we been midtable, perhaps we wouldn't need to be too active in the window. The fact we are 3rd, European football is a real possibility next season, and with all the exposure and commercial aspects that comes with it, we probably can add a few more quality signings to keep the momentum going and try cement a place in the top 7 atleast and have a good crack at the 2 cups.

Sure, the summer was when we probably wanted to spend more but we can come to it later and offload a few more to balance our potential spending this month.

Edited by nufcjb

I dont doubt for a second that we are going to be very active this window. Howe and the owners are always going to play down expectations so we dont get to screwed on transfer prices.

Edited by Displayname

“According to our information, a foreign club has just strengthen its interest in Désiré Doué. This is Newcastle... The Magpies have become accustomed to watching League 1 carefully. And after the successful transfer of Bruno Guimaraes, who has become one of the best in his position in the Premier League in less than a year, Newcastle has every reason to continue its market in France. Désiré Doué is now one of the targets for 2023. Like Mathys Tel, who went to Bayern Munich for a 20 million euro check even before he was 18 years old, Désiré Doué could also opt for European sirens before even having made all his classes in Ligue 1.”

https://mediafoot.net/newcastle-craque-pour-desire-doue-info-media-foot/