Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

Surely not on our left side either. Our left side is pretty much as defensive as it gets. Dan Burn, a CB playing LB, Joe willock a pressing monster in LCM and Joelinton a midfield destroyer playing LW.

I do imagine the plan will be to move to a more balanced playstyle in the future though, playing a more attacking LB and moving Joelinton back into his best position which is in the midfield. 

Yeah it’ll be interesting to see how Howe (ha) utilises his attacking options now he has a full deck of cards so to speak. I think there’ll be a tendency to go more attacking at home in due course.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Howe’s already said he’s played there in training, so it is something they’re working on. I think he’d be electric from the left in time and would still score plenty.

Aye, I think it's pretty clear he's got a plan of some kind to play him there if everyone is fit.

Don't buy the defensive shift stuff either. ASM is hardly a workhorse, we simply shifted Joelinton's out of possession position last season to cover him when he didn't track back and ASM popped back into more of the LCM role. When ASM tucked in going forward then Joelinton would often make the outside run.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Don’t they want 100 million for him ?

That's what they're allegedly asking. Their hand isn't as strong now though. European football is looking highly unlikely and Diaby didn't make the World Cup squad. You'd think he'll move on in the summer, whether its to us or elsewhere. PSG are constantly inked too.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Where did he say this?

I just don't see it happening in the short-term. A lot of defensive work and running required. If that's the plan, I can see Howe giving him 15/20/30 minutes from wide before starting him there.

In one of the recent pressers when asked about possibly using Isak and Wilson together. The way he said it sounded like it was something they’d been training even before his injury.

Suppose we’ll see, but if Wilson can stay fit and we don’t sign anyone else then I’d imagine the plan is for him to play LW.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

In one of the recent pressers when asked about possibly using Isak and Wilson together. The way he said it sounded like it was something they’d been training even before his injury.

Suppose we’ll see, but if Wilson can stay fit and we don’t sign anyone else then I’d imagine the plan is for him to play LW.

I belive, if we play Isak as an LW, the key is to play Joelinton in LCM. That will let Isak drift inside from the left and not have to do all the defensive work as Almiron does on the right side.

8 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

I belive, if we play Isak as an LW, the key is to play Joelinton in LCM. That will let Isak drift inside from the left and not have to do all the defensive work as Almiron does on the right side.

I wonder whether we might see it against Fulham. Isak will get some minutes tomorrow night and then they’ll have the rest of the week to train. His pace, trickery and goal threat will cause teams all sorts of problems particularly if you’ve got Miggy the other side. Nightmare to defend against 

34 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

That's what they're allegedly asking. Their hand isn't as strong now though. European football is looking highly unlikely and Diaby didn't make the World Cup squad. You'd think he'll move on in the summer, whether its to us or elsewhere. PSG are constantly inked too.

Get the impression PSG might move for Dembele if he keeps playing well for Barca. Been lots of rumours on it in the last week, Dembele says he’s happy but I’m sure he’s an expendable asset for Barca if they can claw back some cash.

We don’t even know if 433 in the permanent approach or if it’s just what’s best with the available squad

we might see a dm brought in then both a new dm and Bruno forming a two in midfield to let the front 4 be more positive 

IMO moving Joelinton back into midfield and playing an attacker who carries a bigger threat at left forward is essential to improving the attacking play. Look at ASM vs Man City. Injuries have left the attack looking pretty flat last few games

26 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

We don’t even know if 433 in the permanent approach or if it’s just what’s best with the available squad

we might see a dm brought in then both a new dm and Bruno forming a two in midfield to let the front 4 be more positive 

IMO moving Joelinton back into midfield and playing an attacker who carries a bigger threat at left forward is essential to improving the attacking play. Look at ASM vs Man City. Injuries have left the attack looking pretty flat last few games

Burn - Joelinton - ASM should be our left sided combination - enough cover there for ASM

36 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

He’s been very clear about not changing formation more than once, mind. Not saying never, but can’t see it before next season.

4 hours ago, Rich said:

It's a bloke who owns loads of commercial/domestic property around Whitley Bay/Tynemouth. See the motor all the time.

This, he lives in a nice house in an alley behind Front Street.

He’s had loads of cars over the years from Aston Martins, Porsche etc.

Edited by Stifler

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

This, he lives in a nice house in an alley behind Front Street.

He’s had loads of cars over the years from Aaron Martins, Porsche etc.

I legit know a lad called Aaron Martins.

24 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Skimmed through the comments then back up when I read this one hoping it'd be you. I wasn't disappointed.

[emoji38] I was more chuffed with this one tbh which seemed to have slipped under the radar. Especially as Brummie could have said Olsen could name a million things he's better than me at. Like throwing.