Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Tielemans/Maddison, Joao Pedro and some up and coming obscure mid who is either a 6 or 8 based on who we sign to start in mid. 

Max has to be injury free and Howe needs to trust him. 

Pedro has just done his ankle ligaments though. He would have been a good option as someone that can play across the front 3.

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Pedro has just done his ankle ligaments though. He would have been a good option as someone that can play across the front 3.

ah ok. Didn’t know. 

Pulisic if Chelsea sign a few wingers?

10 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Tielemans/Maddison, Joao Pedro and some up and coming obscure mid who is either a 6 or 8 based on who we sign to start in mid. 

Max has to be injury free and Howe needs to trust him. 

Think one midfielder and someone like João Pedro and I'd be happy.

Some youngsters signed with an eye on the future would be great too but in terms of players who are going to play a lot we need two or else we're going to have to be incredibly lucky with injuries.

I'd prefer Maddison and leave Bruno as a 6 but I'd be happy with Tielemans too.

Pedro is actually an excellent shout because I believe he can play as a striker or out wide? Would reduce the chances of seeing Wood play significant minutes.

Bruno, Joelinton, Tielemans/Maddison as the three first choice midfielders. Willock and Longstaff backups. Five players for three spots.

ASM - Wilson - Miggy front three with Isak and Pedro in contention too. Again, five players for three spots.

In reality, Isak will almost certainly be first choice sooner rather than later but there'll be more than enough game time for all five of those when you consider the injury history of some of that group and how physically demanding these roles are with the way we play.

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Christ I’ll stop posting 

Me too? :lol:

Have said for a while my ideal signing would be a left footed right winger who is comfortable playing as a striker too.

Not sure who though.

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I’m warming to the idea of Bruno as a long term 6 only if the other mid is an attacking creating passer and scorer (Maddison) but if not then I want Bruno further up

Bruno is injured. Thigh. 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Surprised we haven’t been linked with Harrison from Leeds again, isn’t he out of contract soon?

I'm pleased we haven't been, we need to look at better quality and by all accounts he's been pretty poor this season. 

Seems like this window is gonna be a quiet one, hopefully last night makes owners realise we don't have the strength in depth and might slip down table a bit if we don't get 2/3 players in. It's going to be hard to keep this super season up especially if we get a couple injuries 

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I'm pleased we haven't been, we need to look at better quality and by all accounts he's been pretty poor this season. 

Don’t disagree but we seem to be quite patient when tracking long term targets 

Really hope we get a top quality wide player and a CM. Add a young RB like Fresneda. Trippier can play LB too if needed even though I prefer not to mess too much with that part I’m the team.

Surely we get a quality wide forward of some sort. Otherwise it’s a third window failing to get one in. 

I think the past few games have shown we need someone in midfield who can put the ball in the net. We’ve had so many missed chances. Willock, Longstaff, Joelinton and Anderson have all had incredible chances to score and fluffed it.

Maddison is the one, I think.

Can't see us paying up for Maddison either though I would love us to. 

Don't know why Joao Pedro is still getting mentioned, he signed a new 6 year contract with Watford in September and we didn't want to pay what Watford wanted before he signed that.

I'm wondering if we'll all just be surprised in the last week of the window, and there could be one or two unmentioned names added, it seems names were dropped all along with nobody really having a clue with Bruno,Isak, I think even Trippier and Pope were out of the blue quick acquisitions, I dont remember a list of journalists months before claiming we were signing either.

Edited by mighty__mag

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I'm wondering if we'll all just be surprised in the last week of the window, and there could be one or two unmentioned names added, it seems names were dropped all along with nobody really having a clue with Bruno,Isak, I think even Trippier and Pope were out of the blue quick acquisitions, I dont remember a list of journalists months before claiming we were signing either.

Trippier was linked half way through December. Then he was linked with a return to Spurs and Man Utd.

58 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Can't see us paying up for Maddison either though I would love us to. 

Don't know why Joao Pedro is still getting mentioned, he signed a new 6 year contract with Watford in September and we didn't want to pay what Watford wanted before he signed that.

I think we’ve got to. That second string midfield was cat shit last night. There’s a reason they all got hoyed off.

53 minutes ago, madras said:

Trippier was linked half way through December. Then he was linked with a return to Spurs and Man Utd.

Was he? Still came as a surprise, he could have chosen anyone tbf.

I think I like the idea of not being monotonously linked by Journos with no clue, was more of the point I was hoping to make.