Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Is it not just the case that a priority right now would be a central midfielder, but if Almiron got crocked next week we're pivot to a wide player?

But is it less likely to happen 2 Feb?

We need to build a squad, let's just do it. Need a winger, cm and fullback imo.

2 minutes ago, High Five o said:

But is it less likely to happen 2 Feb?

We need to build a squad, let's just do it. Need a winger, cm and fullback imo.

We'll build a squad over time. 

We're not going to spend too whack on a central midfielder and a winger in a January markets that's difficult to operate in. We don't need to either.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We'll build a squad over time. 

We're not going to spend too whack on a central midfielder and a winger in a January markets that's difficult to operate in. We don't need to either.

I agree, but if there are players available, especially young prospects we should move for them.

Waiting in case of injuries should not be the strategy is my point.

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wouldn't say we need them, but it'd be nice.

This. I still think the owners have a long term plan in place that they're not going to risk on the chance of top 4 this season. If the right player comes up at the right price they will move, but there's no point trying to jump 2 years ahead in the plan if it means we damage ourselves by not having a squad to compete on an additional front next season. Howe has said himself he doesn't like to integrate too many new players into the squad in one go.

13 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

This. I still think the owners have a long term plan in place that they're not going to risk on the chance of top 4 this season. If the right player comes up at the right price they will move, but there's no point trying to jump 2 years ahead in the plan if it means we damage ourselves by not having a squad to compete on an additional front next season. Howe has said himself he doesn't like to integrate too many new players into the squad in one go.

Guess the problem is that you can’t avoid the fact that we’ll be playing in Europe.

Unless we want to just accept multiple defeats in the group stages, we need a significantly stronger squad. 

My own read, for the little it's worth, is that we very clearly know who we want this window and they're players on contracts without much time left to run or players at clubs that have been eliminated from Europe/are struggling financially and need to sell every year*.

The potential selling club is probably hoping more interest comes up due to injuries, etc. elsewhere, while we're banking on getting a much better deal as the time ticks down.

Don't buy what Howe's saying, at all, but understand why he's saying it. We'll have come into this window with a very, very clear idea of what we want to do and how much we want to spend.

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Guess the problem is that you can’t avoid the fact that we’ll be playing in Europe.

Unless we want to just accept multiple defeats in the group stages, we need a significantly stronger squad. 

Genuinely don't think we'd struggle with a Conference League or even Europa League group with the squad as is/with one or two additions. CL would be an entirely different matter.

Europa we'd likely scrape second in the group. Conference League we'd top a group with the current squad. 

19 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

parks and recreation two funerals GIF

We're already teetering on entitlement [emoji38]

Don’t be stupid. Few and far between that expect too much. 

Edited by Ikon

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

My own read, for the little it's worth, is that we very clearly know who we want this window and they're players on contracts without much time left to run or players at clubs that have been eliminated from Europe/are struggling financially and need to sell every year*.

The potential selling club is probably hoping more interest comes up due to injuries, etc. elsewhere, while we're banking on getting a much better deal as the time ticks down.

Don't buy what Howe's saying, at all, but understand why he's saying it. We'll have come into this window with a very, very clear idea of what we want to do and how much we want to spend.

As a little addition: we had next to no leverage outside of our ability to pay last January, we've got loads this time.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Isn’t Jacque Talbot known for speaking shit ?

I don't think he speaks shit per se, but I don't think he has much in the way of sources. But he is at least open with when he is just theorising, as opposed to taking guesses and presenting it as being ITK. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Been there before, 3 games nil point the first team to qualify in champions league to knockout stages from that position so I believe , someone put me right if talking nonsense .