Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

16 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

If you look at how the ‘wingers’ play in Howe’s system you can categorically say Isak should not and will not be playing as one. He’s a striker, end of.

Real conundrum for Eddie to solve up front, mind. Isak is still raw, in a new league and the 4 month layoff has cost us half of season where we could have got him up to PL speed. Callum, realistically will only be fit and fully sharp for about 50% of games, at best - and he’s nearly 31. Finally, Chris Wood is shit. Be interesting to see how it is addressed.

So let’s say v Fulham next weekend (or even tomorrow), all strikers and wingers are fit, who plays? I still think he’ll play a front 3 which could include Isak, Wilson and either Miggy or ASM. Isak will be key against teams playing a low block. I just don’t think its as clear cut as either Wilson or Isak plays but yes Isak will get time as a number 9 with Wilson’s undoubted injuries and as his minutes are managed. As far as Wood goes he’ll be gone in the summer and we’ll probably look to bring in a young striker as a 3rd option. 

I agree though it’ll be interesting to see what Howe does and it’d s good problem to have.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

11 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Signing those two would be immense but it’s probably just rehashing old/current rumours. I’d be amazed if we brought two in of that calibre. Leverkeusen are hardly pulling up any trees though so a Jan move might make sense. It’s always felt like Maddison would go in the sunmer.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Signing those two would be immense but it’s probably just rehashing old/current rumours. 

Apparently BILD this morning running with it but more as getting a move in place for the summer.

5 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Wasn’t Konur exposed as just being a click bait rumour account the other week? People just take what he says as gospel due to the Blue Tick 

He's just a rumour merchant. No idea how he has such a large following.

57 minutes ago, Rich said:

It's a bloke who owns loads of commercial/domestic property around Whitley Bay/Tynemouth. See the motor all the time.

Aye.  That plate used to be on an Aston Martin iirc.

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don't think there's any chance Isak plays on the wing from the start atm.

The defensive side of the game wll be entirely new to him. 

Howe’s already said he’s played there in training, so it is something they’re working on. I think he’d be electric from the left in time and would still score plenty.

14 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don't think there's any chance Isak plays on the wing from the start atm.

The defensive side of the game wll be entirely new to him. 

Surely not on our left side either. Our left side is pretty much as defensive as it gets. Dan Burn, a CB playing LB, Joe willock a pressing monster in LCM and Joelinton a midfield destroyer playing LW.

I do imagine the plan will be to move to a more balanced playstyle in the future though, playing a more attacking LB and moving Joelinton back into his best position which is in the midfield. 

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Howe’s already said he’s played there in training, so it is something they’re working on. I think he’d be electric from the left in time and would still score plenty.

Where did he say this?

I just don't see it happening in the short-term. A lot of defensive work and running required. If that's the plan, I can see Howe giving him 15/20/30 minutes from wide before starting him there.