Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Yeah this is a window to be reactive. Things will spice up towards the end, let's see how things play and then we can make our move.

Tifo's suggestion of Conner Gallagher makes sense to me. The thought of what Eddie Howe could do with a talented young player is mouth watering.

I don't have much knowledge of the European market but I'm sure there will be European players with similar profiles who we can target but if Chelsea are still throwing money around they may be willing to sell.

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

"In our grasp" is a bit of a stretch with half of the season to go.

We are in a great position - top 4 is real possibility with a bit of luck. But we need to strengthen to take advantage.

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Chris Waugh in the Athletic Q&A:

"As of the conversations I had as recently as yesterday with well-placed insiders, there hasn't been a firm decision taken yet.

There is a realisation that they are "ahead of schedule", which is something that was reiterated at a board meeting earlier this month, and they are conscious of not spending beyond their means. Eddie Howe, however, is keen for them to strengthen and would like one or two first-team-ready editions.

That's a long way of me basically saying, I can't give you a conclusive answer because they don't know themselves. That may seem like me fudging this one, but that's the truth of the situation to the best of my knowledge."

Refuse to believe they don’t know what they want to do yet. 

4 hours ago, Kanji said:

Sitting here on 1/12 looking at the window - I'll say it's a real missed opportunity to not strengthen where Howe wants in the positions he wants. 

The club continue to remind us about FFP issues, I won't argue against those because I haven't the time or energy or access to the data to work the math out, but I am certain we do eventually need to shift some of the deadweight off the books to free up wages, squad places, and increase income through player trading and commercial deals. 

Really don't know whats going on with the commerical side - we saw a flurry of activity before the Saudi winter break and that was really encouraging but not heard too much about new commerical deals for the future otherwise. If the CEO and Commerical guy can't get those deals done quick enough or advance them to know that X is incoming over X years, let's go and spend that'll be a real disappointment. 

Many many days left in the window, and I know the club plead poverty then signed Isak so as usual, judge them when it SLAMs shut. 

Who do you think is offering to buy our deadwood and take on their wages, out of interest?

Unless there is a very lucrative deal on the table, I prefer not buying any players that would replace our starting eleven. We should instead get more covers, more young prospects that can step up when needed