Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Aye and how much are Liverpool going to want? [emoji38]

We aren't in the business of giving money to rivals.

We will be targetting more Isaks and Botmans from abroad. If the likes of Chelsea get involved, we will step aside. We won't get into bidding wars with lunatics 

Expect Maddison, Diaby, and yes even players like Calvert Lewin to still be on the cards. Whilst also trying to pick up good players on decent deals like we did with Pope... see Salisu for example.

Paris St-Germain are interested in Newcastle United's 23-year-old Dutch defender Sven Botman. (iNews)

Leeds United's German defender Robin Koch, 26, is considered a potential signing by Newcastle United, although several Bundesliga clubs are also interested. (Sport1 - in German)

Newcastle United could tempt Barcelona into selling Brazil winger Raphinha, 26, if they match the £55m fee the Spanish club paid to sign him from Leeds United last year. (El Desmarque - in Spanish)

I can't see Dan Ashworth sanctioning the purchase of McTominay when we have aspirations of playing Champions League football on the reg. It'll just be bullshit paper talk or his agent trying to drum up interest.

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I can't see Dan Ashworth sanctioning the purchase of McTominay when we have aspirations of playing Champions League football on the reg. It'll just be bullshit paper talk or his agent trying to drum up interest.

Was thinking this too, would be quite odd given he doesn’t improve the first team and won’t be cheap in terms of wages or fee. 

I really need Gordon to have a storming rest of the season to stomach McTomminay in the summer. I was underwhelmed when we signed Gordon but obviously benefit of the doubt goes to Eddie et al and he’s looked bright/promising so far. If Gordon struggles and then we go in for McTomminay who looks to be a slight upgrade on Longstaff it’ll test the trust. 

Edited by BoSelecta

Aye. Not sure a player who can’t get a look in for a Man U team who have desperately needed a bit of rotation this year. Is worth £40m and will push us onto the next level. 

Hope this is all paper talk and not another ‘Prem proven/overpriced’ player that we’re desperate to sign. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Ashworth has said that our transfer policy works like a traffic light system. The recruitment team will put forward a series of targets for a position, Howe then has his input and Ashworth assess the financial practicality of each. A transfer is rated as "Green" only if all three parties agree on a transfer. Howe won't be scouting and suggesting targets. 

Not always though, particularly where the Italian press are concerned.

The local journos have all said we play our cards close to our chest these days, so I doubt we've told Man United or his agent agent that Howe is absolutely gagging to sign him. 

My guesswork theory is that in our desperation to sign a midfielder in January we probably asked about his availability.

Edited by The Prophet

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not always though, particularly where the Italian press are concerned.

The local journos have all said we play our cards close to our chest these days, so I doubt we've told Man United or his agent agent that Howe is absolutely gagging to sign him. 

My guesswork theory is that in our desperation to sign a midfielder in January, we probably asked about his availability.

Also Man United are particularly leaky.

They are like an open book transfer wise. Unlike, say, Liverpool who tend to do things quietly.

I suspect Howe has a preference for players with PL experience but as someone above says, it's a transfer team decision.