Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Nine said:

The missing context here is how much more intensive our style has become since Howe though, you can see the trend in ASMs availability since Eddies arrival is on a downwards slide already. The way we play has a huge impact on players with susceptibility to their fitness, especially when they have a history of muscle injuries.

Fair point, up until Howe he has a good record of consistent appearances. I personally don’t think this is the right place for him to be anymore though, he just isn’t suited to an intense high press and he will continue to get injured (I’d also argue that mentally I think he doesn’t quite fit either but that’s another story). With age and the accumulation of injuries it will only get worse from here, not better. 

What trend?

Under Eddie Howe he has played 45 out of 61 matches in the premier league. 74%

In the 2 seasons before Howe he played 51 out of 76 matches. 67%

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

For how many of his "available" games was he coming back from injury? Took him best part of a month to find form and fitness last time.

2 hours ago, Menace said:

I'd agree with that. Lerma isn't it. Still annoyed we missed out on Palhinha. Only 20m euros and has been absolutely unreal this season 

Now linked with Villa for £60m

3 hours ago, Displayname said:

What trend?

Under Eddie Howe he has played 45 out of 61 matches in the premier league. 74%

In the 2 seasons before Howe he played 51 out of 76 matches. 67%

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/allan-saint-maximin/verletzungen/spieler/272642/plus/1

He’s missed 12 games so far this season from hamstring/muscle injuries (the hamstring being a more reoccurring theme in his career), the frequency of these injuries and his missed game time is increasing during his first full season under Howe. Is it a coincidence? Likely not. 

The worry is that its multiple muscle or tendon injuries back to back, unlike a maybe freak calf injury that took 11 games in 20/21. 

Edited by Nine

4 hours ago, Nine said:

The missing context here is how much more intensive our style has become since Howe though, you can see the trend in ASMs availability since Eddies arrival is on a downwards slide already. The way we play has a huge impact on players with susceptibility to their fitness, especially when they have a history of muscle injuries.

Fair point, up until Howe he has a good record of consistent appearances. I personally don’t think this is the right place for him to be anymore though, he just isn’t suited to an intense high press and he will continue to get injured (I’d also argue that mentally I think he doesn’t quite fit either but that’s another story). With age and the accumulation of injuries it will only get worse from here, not better. 

Agree with that. Another thing to consider is his contract, age and value. He's been here 4 years and still has 2 years to go on his deal, we're going to have to make a decision to extend his deal when he'll be 28 or try and get the maximin most we possibly can. Letting it run another summer means his value will go down as he inches closer to summer '25. 

His book value will be rather low right now I'd imagine too. Bought for £18m (ish), 2/3 of the way through his contract, probably 'worth' only £6m on the books with amortisation. Selling him this summer for £30m (or whatever) would be a bit of a shot in the arm for the financial side of things I'd imagine? Think that's how it works but happy to be corrected. If we're going to move him on then dong it this summer seems like the very best time to do it. Could well be best for all parties concerned. His next contract, here or elsewhere, will need to be his best one from his point of view too. 

37 minutes ago, Nine said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/allan-saint-maximin/verletzungen/spieler/272642/plus/1

He’s missed 12 games so far this season from hamstring/muscle injuries (the hamstring being a more reoccurring theme in his career), the frequency of these injuries and his missed game time is increasing during his first full season under Howe. Is it a coincidence? Likely not. 

The worry is that its multiple muscle or tendon injuries back to back, unlike a maybe freak calf injury that took 11 games in 20/21. 

I just gave you the cold hard facts about him not being more injured under Howe than before him.

I see no reason whatsoever that it wouldn`t be a coincident that he got injured in the 4th game of the season after the summer break. Why on earth would it have anything to do with this being his first full season under Howe. That makes no sense.

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Now linked with Villa for £60m

I wonder if Ashworth would rather pick up hidden gems rather than Rice ect he seems to have a knack for it

59 minutes ago, Ben said:

I wonder if Ashworth would rather pick up hidden gems rather than Rice ect he seems to have a knack for it

I think that’s part of Ashworths method as a football director. He doesn’t do the scouting himself, so I’m unsure if he would age the scouting department set up for this yet. 

1 hour ago, midds said:

would be a bit of a shot in the arm for the financial side of things I'd imagine?

It would add another position to be filled in addition to lb, cm, rw.  I think if we sell ASM for 30m and buy another like Gordon for 45m we will be worse off.  

4 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

It would add another position to be filled in addition to lb, cm, rw.  I think if we sell ASM for 30m and buy another like Gordon for 45m we will be worse off.  

Honestly I think the ASM decision is likely slightly out of our hands and will come down to what the interest is in him. What offers do we get and what would that allow us to do. There's no doubt in my mind he's in the category of player where we'd sell at the right price

1 hour ago, Ben said:

As good as Ashworth is nearly all their gems come from their stats driven player model, something which is all on their owner and definitely something that Ashworth would no longer have access too. 

He would have the contacts though so he's definitely capable of finding gems, just not as quick and easy as when he was at Brighton. 

8 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

As good as Ashworth is nearly all their gems come from their stats driven player model, something which is all on their owner and definitely something that Ashworth would no longer have access too. 

He would have the contacts though so he's definitely capable of finding gems, just not as quick and easy as when he was at Brighton. 

Would be truly awful if he used his gardening leave from Brighton to try and recreate the entire model from scratch for us :shifty:

I'd like us to sell ASM, in order for us to sign a winger for both sides. Reports of us wanting 6 players; 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 forward players.

I'd be looking at something like this going into next year:

GK: Pope, Dubravka, Karius/Darlow/Gillespie.

(2nd and 3rd choice goalkeepers are fairly easy to replace).

RB: Tripper, Krafth, Ashby.

RCB: Schar, NEW CB (Tomori?), Lascelles.

LCB: Botman, Burn, Dummett (fills our home grown quota).

LB: NEW LB (Tierney), Burn, (Trippier as cover).

DM: Bruno, NEW DM (Ugarte/ Thuram/Lavia).

CM: Longstaff, Joelinton, Willock, NEW CM (Maddison), Anderson.

RW: Miggy, Murphy, New RW (Diaby/ Williams).

LW: Gordon, NEW LW (Barnes/ Harrison), Joelinton (and Isak)

ST: Isak, Wilson.

I'm aware we need another forward player but my preference would be someone young and versatile who could play across the front.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I'd like us to sell ASM, in order for us to sign a winger for both sides. Reports of us wanting 6 players; 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 forward players.

I'd be looking at something like this going into next year:

GK: Pope, Dubravka, Karius/Darlow/Gillespie.

(2nd and 3rd choice goalkeepers are fairly easy to replace).

RB: Tripper, Krafth, Ashby.

RCB: Schar, NEW CB (Tomori?), Lascelles.

LCB: Botman, Burn, Dummett (fills our home grown quota).

LB: NEW LB (Tierney), Burn, (Trippier as cover).

DM: Bruno, NEW DM (Ugarte/ Thuram/Lavia).

CM: Longstaff, Joelinton, Willock, NEW CM (Maddison), Anderson.

RW: Miggy, Murphy, New RW (Diaby/ Williams).

LW: Gordon, NEW LW (Barnes/ Harrison), Joelinton (and Isak)

ST: Isak, Wilson.

I'm aware we need another forward player but my preference would be someone young and versatile who could play across the front.

If we sell Maxi I’d be targeting a more elite player to replace him, don’t think Harrison would be that. Barnes would be a good shout though.

I think Barnes is a much more talented player than Harrison despite Harrison being a very solid player. Neither would be an elite target but I’d be much happier with Barnes

I see it as pointless selling ASM now as his stock is low because a lack of fitness lately. Might as well keep him. He is our best wide player. 

Edited by Ikon

9 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I see it as pointless selling ASM now as his stock is low because a lack of fitness lately. Might as well keep him. He is our best wide player. 

That's a fair point. Gambling on him having a good run of fixtures though.

Also see people's point re replacing ASM with someone worse. It does seem a bit daft but it has logic if said player is more reliable over a big season.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I also wonder if Eddie will see Joelinton as a 3rd choice striker.

I can’t see it, he’s an amazing player but his future is all over the midfield. He might very occasionally cover there due to injuries but only for that I reckon 

20 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Yeah, Harrison and Barnes are no where near elite, and no where near being good enough to replace someone like ASM.

In the last 2 seasons ASM has 6 goals and 10 assists in 64 games.

Barnes in the last 2 season has 23 goals and 17 assists in 85 games.

ASM will have a break through the summer which may well improve any injury issues, though for me missing a couple of games here and there, which he may not of played in anyways, should improve his resale value.

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

In the last 2 seasons ASM has 6 goals and 10 assists in 64 games.

Barnes in the last 2 season has 23 goals and 17 assists in 85 games.

Barnes is really underrated in our fanbase. He'd be such a shrewd signing. If Leicester go down we should be all over it. Helps with the homegrown quota as well.