Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Eales has basically told everyone what we'll be spending if anyone is (a) capable of working it out and (b) arsed enough to work it out. :lol:

You'd think a professional journalist would at least have (b) covered.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Eales has basically told everyone what we'll be spending if anyone is (a) capable of working it out and (b) arsed enough to work it out. :lol:

Keys words are you’d think. 

Our most popular writer abhors both stars and tactics :lol:

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

I missed this one :) what did Eales say?

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I missed this one :) what did Eales say?

‘The reality is, we’re always going to spend what we can under FFP, and that's a great thing,’ said Eales. ‘I can say, hand on heart, the club will always be doing its best to get to where we want to. But we've got to make sure we do it methodically and in a way that's sustainable.'

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

The problem is, we've only got the 21/22 accounts and estimates of the transfer fees and wages added/removed from the books since then. Plus we can only estimate turnover for the current year. So yeah if we (or whichever journalist) had up-to-date accounts then they probably could put a number on it. But we don't, so we can't.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

The problem is, we've only got the 21/22 accounts and estimates of the transfer fees and wages added/removed from the books since then. Plus we can only estimate turnover for the current year. So yeah if we (or whichever journalist) had up-to-date accounts then they probably could put a number on it. But we don't, so we can't.

You could make a fairly educated guess, though. We're seeing estimates of between £60M and £150M, as it stands. That's quite a range. :lol:

57 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I know it’s a shit rag, but is there anyone of my vintage who doesn’t immediately picture the below when they see or hear that name?

FF143AE5-4EFF-413A-934A-443054AECD61.jpeg.c421ccf707c0ce3f3528e7f3ebabee76.jpeg

Richardson, espresso, pile of lovely looking little cakes, occasional Gazza.

Football Italia has never been topped.  

(Edit to say it's also criminal that James Richardson is clearly the best presenter of football in the country and remains hidden away on podcasts and BT's Italian footy coverage)

Edited by sushimonster85

We've been linked with a couple of big name out and out strikers in Osimhen and Roque.

I do wonder what the vision for the formation is, long term.

I get that you want depth and all but if we did sign Osimhen for example you're looking at a situation where our two best players are probably Isak and Osimhen. When push comes to shove, you're going to want them both starting most games.

Maybe it's a case of simply playing Isak on the left but I don't know, I do wonder if Eddie sees Isak playing just off a CF eventually.

(I don't think we'll get Osimhen... but man does he seem like an absolute dream signing)