Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

21 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

So we had a £50 million budget for Maddison and we've taken £7 million from that to buy a player that we'll loan out? It seems like a missed opportunity to progress in Europe if you ask me.

Was it a case of one or the other? Otherwise I’m not sure how the deals relate to each other?

5 hours ago, Memphis said:

Exactly this. If X is the transfer budget, then a certain percentage of X (10-20, somewhere in there, most likely) is allocated to buying for the future. Thankfully the people in charge of the club now realize that we have to build a strong youth setup asap. It's a priority and especially so since Ashworth was appointed. 

It seems that we're understandably taking a lot from Brighton's youth setup, which would be excellent considering how much bigger and how much more well-funded we will be. 

I am impressed with the plans that seem to be in place.

Oh god, not algebra

5 hours ago, The Prophet said:

So we had a £50 million budget for Maddison and we've taken £7 million from that to buy a player that we'll loan out? It seems like a missed opportunity to progress in Europe if you ask me.

Luke Edwards? That you? 50 million?

My bad, I didn't realise you were memeing.

Edited by Mountain

15 hours ago, mosstef said:

In Gambia he's known as "Messi" :lol: He's a speedy flair player with a lot of tricks up his sleeve and a good shot on him. ASM is probably the best comparison from our current lot. 

His top level is very good but he can also go missing from games which is somehow expected from an 18 year old. However, he seems to raise his game against the top teams in Denmark, so I think he would thrive on a bigger stage than the Danish Superliga.

He has had some disciplinary issues, e.g. fighting with teammates in training, destroying a corner flag when subbed off (Matt Ritchie style) etc., but hopefully Eddie and his team will take good care of that.

Fighting with teammates is always a massive red flag, at any level.

But whatever, maybe he'll grow out of it, as long as he isn't stubbing cigars out in people's eyes, I'm glad nobody like that has ever played for us.

1 minute ago, Mountain said:

But whatever, maybe he'll grow out of it, as long as he isn't stubbing cigars out in people's eyes, I'm glad nobody like that has ever played for us.

I feel like many a former pro has said training ground fights are par for the course.

5 hours ago, Mountain said:

Still disappointed to this day that there isn’t actually a photo of Barton dressed as Savile when he did that.

I know the transfer window isn't open, all of the staff are on holiday and the season doesn't actually finish in Europe for another week.

But it's very worrying we haven't made any major signings yet .

A Brazilian reporter has said that a scout of ours has been at Sao Paulo games and that we are targeting Pablo Maia, who has drawn comparisons to Cassemiro. A £13 million fee is reportedly what Sau Paulo are looking for.

Looks like a tenacious DM with a great shot and a nice passing range.

Edited by KaKa

The young Brazilian links are what excite me the most. I hope we go back in for Franca too. It's absolutely worth taking a punt - if it doesn't work out I'm sure there will be plenty of takers in Portugal/Spain/Italy.

Just now, Menace said:

The young Brazilian links are what excite me the most. I hope we go back in for Franca too. It's absolutely worth taking a punt - if it doesn't work out I'm sure there will be plenty of takers in Portugal/Spain/Italy.

Yeah, I agree. Their prices are so fair too, and there's just so much talent there.

I think we'll see a lot more moves getting made in South America with Ashworth coming in, as this was a big part of Brighton's model.

6 hours ago, Mountain said:

I mean, we’ve literally had a famous fight between two of our players during a Premier League game so I think we’re probably good. :lol: 

22 hours ago, mosstef said:

In Gambia he's known as "Messi" :lol: He's a speedy flair player with a lot of tricks up his sleeve and a good shot on him. ASM is probably the best comparison from our current lot. 

His top level is very good but he can also go missing from games which is somehow expected from an 18 year old. However, he seems to raise his game against the top teams in Denmark, so I think he would thrive on a bigger stage than the Danish Superliga.

He has had some disciplinary issues, e.g. fighting with teammates in training, destroying a corner flag when subbed off (Matt Ritchie style) etc., but hopefully Eddie and his team will take good care of that.

Only going by YT, but he looks like a good athlete. Overall though, the comparison with Messi seems very optimistic. I've been more impressed with Kuol.

With the disciplinary issues, I'd have thought he was more trouble than he's worth.

17 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Only going by YT, but he looks like a good athlete. Overall though, the comparison with Messi seems very optimistic. I've been more impressed with Kuol.

With the disciplinary issues, I'd have thought he was more trouble than he's worth.

You don’t say ??

The Magpies will be playing Champions League Football next season which may sway the 21-year-old towards a move to the North East. However, the report claims that Forest are "certainly in the running" having "already probed" him "for some time".

It is also pointed out that the Reds already have a Brazilian contingent in midfield with Gustavo Scarpa and Danilo among the 30 players to have arrived at the City Ground since Steve Coper's side were promoted to the top-flight through the play-offs in 2022.

Another report from Globo Esporte claims that Sao Paulo are willing to negotiate his transfer if they receive offers in the region of €15million (around £12m).

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-face-newcastle-transfer-8484688?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

IMG_4885.thumb.jpeg.237c1fe06a8266ee78ada25345f3ac92.jpeg

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

The Magpies will be playing Champions League Football next season which may sway the 21-year-old towards a move to the North East. However, the report claims that Forest are "certainly in the running" having "already probed" him "for some time".

It is also pointed out that the Reds already have a Brazilian contingent in midfield with Gustavo Scarpa and Danilo among the 30 players to have arrived at the City Ground since Steve Coper's side were promoted to the top-flight through the play-offs in 2022.

Another report from Globo Esporte claims that Sao Paulo are willing to negotiate his transfer if they receive offers in the region of €15million (around £12m).

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-face-newcastle-transfer-8484688?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Can see why all 4 clubs want him, particularly if players exit. Forest for Shelvey, West Ham for Rice, Fulham for Paulina, NUFC for the #6 role.

9 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

:scared:

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

A Brazilian reporter has said that a scout of ours has been at Sao Paulo games and that we are targeting Pablo Maia, who has drawn comparisons to Cassemiro. A £13 million fee is reportedly what Sau Paulo are looking for.

Or we could save some money and play Schar in midfield ffs.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

The state of that pitch at 38 seconds ?

10 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Or we could save some money and play Schar in midfield ffs.

Schar would be genuinely terrible in midfield, he is a CB and has nowhere near the mobility CM requires.