Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Shak said:

We've been linked with a couple of big name out and out strikers in Osimhen and Roque.

I do wonder what the vision for the formation is, long term.

I get that you want depth and all but if we did sign Osimhen for example you're looking at a situation where our two best players are probably Isak and Osimhen. When push comes to shove, you're going to want them both starting most games.

Maybe it's a case of simply playing Isak on the left but I don't know, I do wonder if Eddie sees Isak playing just off a CF eventually.

(I don't think we'll get Osimhen... but man does he seem like an absolute dream signing)

Yeah was thinking the same too. 

I do wonder if Eddie would want to go back to his favoured 4-4-1-1, I can definitely imagine Isak playing the King role. 

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Would love to hear more about him if you don’t mind doing a little write up. 

In Gambia he's known as "Messi" :lol: He's a speedy flair player with a lot of tricks up his sleeve and a good shot on him. ASM is probably the best comparison from our current lot. 

His top level is very good but he can also go missing from games which is somehow expected from an 18 year old. However, he seems to raise his game against the top teams in Denmark, so I think he would thrive on a bigger stage than the Danish Superliga.

He has had some disciplinary issues, e.g. fighting with teammates in training, destroying a corner flag when subbed off (Matt Ritchie style) etc., but hopefully Eddie and his team will take good care of that.

44 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Need to copy the Brighton model now and send him off somewhere on the continent where he will actually play/be developed. Belgium or Portugal ideally. 

Sounds like a Hearts loanee to me. 

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

Need to copy the Brighton model now and send him off somewhere on the continent where he will actually play/be developed. Belgium or Portugal ideally. 

We need to get a hurry on with this planned multi club model.  Have some clubs in France, Belgium, Portugal etc where we can farm them out for a couple of seasons then bring them into the first team squad or sell on for profit which will help with FFP.

Edited by SAK

1 minute ago, Krabbe2 said:

For his development, he can still stay 1-2 years in Denmark. The league is not that bad there.

There may be an issue of league strength points for a work permit, in which case Belgium/Portugal/Scotland will be better.

I'd be absolutely shocked if we didn't have a separate budget for youth prospects. It's a huge priority for the club, we've hired a lot of scouts and analysts to unearth them, and we've enhanced our coaching staff and training staff to develop them once they get into the club proper. I expect we'll be doing even more this summer.

Eljif Elmas is apparently on our list. Pretty versatile attacking midfielder/central midfielder from Napoli. 

Seen Romano talk about him with his agent, in relation to both Liverpool and ourselves.

8 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

image.thumb.png.978c40d3913c431929c4103748247bcd.png

Ashworth no doubt on the phone to Hopey as I type this! 

:yao:

I’ve read somewhere it’s £150m before we hire ffp budget, that’s not just for this window.

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

It’s called an allocation. It can be a separate budget line item in the whole pot. The original suggestion is totally fine. 

Exactly this. If X is the transfer budget, then a certain percentage of X (10-20, somewhere in there, most likely) is allocated to buying for the future. Thankfully the people in charge of the club now realize that we have to build a strong youth setup asap. It's a priority and especially so since Ashworth was appointed. 

It seems that we're understandably taking a lot from Brighton's youth setup, which would be excellent considering how much bigger and how much more well-funded we will be. 

I am impressed with the plans that seem to be in place.

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

So we had a £50 million budget for Maddison and we've taken £7 million from that to buy a player that we'll loan out? It seems like a missed opportunity to progress in Europe if you ask me.

Anyone paying 50m for Maddison now would be off their tits imo, given the circumstances. Got to be down to 30s now surely?